Custom size mk3 heatbed

@Marlark
Hey

Have you any free heat bed?
Tried to write an email, but did not get any user info.
Got an MK3 running, but prefer an original sized one

Would be nice to get some pricing info as well

Mange Takk

hilsen fra Tyskland
Frank

Thickness does not really matter. More wires will run in series inside the pad. What do you mean by ā€œPE?ā€

I use a Reprap Power expandera (PE) (i was lazy when i wrote) and i have been considering a SSR instead.

Frank: As of yet i dont know what it will end up to. I am hopeing to be able to lower the price for it. It depend totaly on the freight and tax when it arrive here. Last time we ended up at $41 + shipping. It is to bad i havent been able to get over 200 units becase then the unit cost drops.

Shipping last time was $20 worldwide and $9.x something internally in sweden.

// Marlark

@Marlark:
Can you check how much the full price to send to Portugal?

@Velleman:
This is a good idea to make it as a mod kit. PSU upgrade + bed + wirings + etc.

[quote=ā€œHyrokumataā€]
@Velleman:
This is a good idea to make it as a mod kit. PSU upgrade + bed + wirings + etc.[/quote]
FYI: If this heated bed option was available as an ā€œofficialā€ Velleman add-on kit for the Vertex, Iā€™d buy one.

Have been considering that but it would mean a bigger investment im afraid.

So I take it you donā€™t have any more beds laying around

There will be. Have ordered home 100 of them. They should be finished manufactured sometime in the coming week and then sent my way after that.

// Marlark

[quote=ā€œMarlarkā€]There will be. Have ordered home 100 of them. They should be finished manufactured sometime in the coming week and then sent my way after that.

// Marlark[/quote]

Good to know

I bought and assembled a heatbed from Marlark earlier. I was not shure about the electronics - I mean how to fix it - but with some help from Marlark I managed and made an instruction to do this: Vertex custom heatbed for dummies. Including 4 associated parts to print. This instruction also shows how to make the heatbed as a building platform.
Download the pdf [color=#FF4000]version v3[/color]: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/gsx5zu130azuno5/heatbed-for-dummies-v3.pdf?dl=0
If you would like to have a heatbed in your Vertex, donā€™t hesitate, itā€™s possibleā€¦

[color=#FF0000]NB: I made this instruction with the knowledge of that moment but now, 6 months and two burned power expanders later, there are some improvements to make. I advise you to read to the end of this post an draw your own conclusions. Maybe sometime, I will update the ā€˜Heatbed for dummiesā€™.[/color]

Good luck

Status update :

I have been informed that the new batch is on itā€™s way to Sweden from the manufacturer :slight_smile: Going to take a couple of days.

In the meanwhile i have been fiddling with this http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1067130 and svdvā€™s guide is very nice and will most likly help someone out there :slight_smile:

Status Update :

Just got a freaking heavy crate (33 Kg) worth of Heatbeds :wink: So we do this the same way we did last time around. The price tag have been lowered a little to $35 was 41 before for the bed and within sweden the shipping is $9 and internationally regardless where it is $20. You can email me at teddyhq@hotmail.com and use the same on Paypal. PS dont forget to put your complete address in the description on the paypal payment and as a lite security add it in the email also :slight_smile:

PS Make shure you do a transfer and not payment for goods on Paypal or else Paypal will ninja 2,XX with some insurance payment.

// Ted aka Marlark

Wow, I didnā€™t knew there was such a thing as a Stargate. But Iā€™m convinced now!
[ul]Thursday 15/10 Payed Marlak[/ul]
[ul]Friday 16/10 Marlak send the Heat-bed.[/ul]
[ul]Monday 19/10 Mother in law whined about a Big thing that got jammed in mailbox and couldnā€™t get it out :p[/ul]

How the hell is that even possible? It takes like 3 working days to send a letter to my neighbour???!!!

Kudos to Marlak! And thank god my mother in law isnā€™t that strong, the heatbed is still nice and flat :d

Kind regards!
JeAfKe

That was not bad :slight_smile: Have fun with that thing. Have 3 im about to send out tomorrow and i put in 2 erlier today.

// Marlark

[quote=ā€œjeafkeā€]Wow, I didnā€™t knew there was such a thing as a Stargate. But Iā€™m convinced now!
[ul]Thursday 15/10 Payed Marlak[/ul]
[ul]Friday 16/10 Marlak send the Heat-bed.[/ul]
[ul]Monday 19/10 Mother in law whined about a Big thing that got jammed in mailbox and couldnā€™t get it out :p[/ul]

How the hell is that even possible? It takes like 3 working days to send a letter to my neighbour???!!!

Kudos to Marlak! And thank god my mother in law isnā€™t that strong, the heatbed is still nice and flat :d

Kind regards!
JeAfKe[/quote]

Yes there is a stargate (one example :D)
http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:571853

Now for my point :smiley:
Need a pointer for a PSU :stuck_out_tongue:

I have finished my buildplate frame design completly now for the custom heatbed and this is the end result. I have 2 glass plates that i can switch out both is borosilic glass and is 240x240mm one with a buildtak and one where i can switch out and test other stuff on. Thingiverse link for the frame STL files for those that havent seen it yet : http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1067130

As you can see i use neodyne magnets to hold the glass plate in place there is one on the underside and one glued to the glass plate. Making it very simple to put in the glass and remove it.

// Marlark

@Marlark:

Sorry for this ā€œdumbā€ question butā€¦do i really have to get a 15V PSU or a 12V will do? as a replacement

Well id say you have 3 options as of yet.

1 is replace the original 15V PSU with a larger one
2 is to put in a 12V PSU extra
3 is to put in a 24V PSU extra

All 3 works good.

There is however one i am interested in that someone suggested to me and that is to put in and replace the original PSU with a large 24V PSU and put in a converter for the printer mainboard to 15V. Not tested but should work. Myself i use a large 24V and i am going to see if i can find something that can regulate the power downward for it to the mainboard and throw out my 15V PSU.

But i gues the simplest for you is to put in a larger 15V PSU they are however not very simple to find. @svdv or Sjaak as his name is use a 15V Meanwell PSU he found. Think he describe it in the PDF file for dummies he made regarding heatbed installation.

Yeah Iā€™ve read it. Iā€™m asking about it because iā€™ve checked how will it cost me to get a 15v 350w from PSU at my local retailer but they donā€™t have one at stock but they say a 12v 320w costs around 130eurosā€¦so Iā€™m guessing the 15v one will be a bit more. Reason why I asked if the 12v could do it :smiley: