Z-Motor holder replacement

after considerable delay I got all the parts ordered (see my post above). for some reason the 8mm coupler was missing and only now I could finally check all: the part 34 26 84: Hub Oldham 19mm, hole 8mm is actually larger and cannot fit the other two. in the distrelec catalog there is no compatible coupler with 8mm diameter. (maybe it could be found in other catalogs). it is a pity because the all thing could work very well.
I apologise for the mistake!

You are invited to design a printable 1 part version and publish your solution here.[/quote]

I am still thinking why it shouldn’t be possible to print this motormount in one piece.
I started a quick drawing to show how it could be.
Not measured right for now, just for showing.

Printer should be able to make the bridge or is that what’s the problem.

2stimpy
Of course, this is a bridging problem. Note that bridging is a bit a matter of luck. You will need more space, so that the overhanging bridge does not touch the frame, resulting in lower stability. Some paople will have more or less overgang. Some people will be able to print succesful, some will report that is does not work (well).

Do You mind to invest some filament and give it a try?

I am only in the beginning of 3d printing, so i have to learn a lot.
I think i will try to make the part with the right measerements and try to print it.
It will take some time before ill report back to this because i am still in the process of upgrading the printer.

I already have made my own replacement holder out of aluminium so it is no use for me but if i can help someone than i am willing to try.
And ofcourse i am helping myself as i learn from it.

[quote=“2stimpy”]I am only in the beginning of 3d printing, so i have to learn a lot.
I think i will try to make the part with the right measerements and try to print it.
It will take some time before ill report back to this because i am still in the process of upgrading the printer.

I already have made my own replacement holder out of aluminium so it is no use for me but if i can help someone than i am willing to try.
And ofcourse i am helping myself as i learn from it.[/quote]
Any luck yet?

Thanks Edirol. This nicely removed my z axis wobble. An essential upgrade IMHO.

The motor to threaded rod connector is horribly out of line and the motor bends about. The motor hole in the connector was too tight and needed some machining to get the motor in. The result was far from perfect.

As you can see it does not look bad at all. Now I only have to prove that the Z axis is better than before

image hosting more than 5mb

With which support material settings did you print this?

• it looks great

best regards
JohannesTN

I included an option Generate support materijal and thats it. I subsequently manually processed the excess material an thats it.

Edirol, thanks for sharing this solution. My Z-axis wobble disappeared totally after implementing this solution. Now my printing can reach the next level… :slight_smile:

This works very nicely.
I installed the mount and a flexible coupler

Here is a comparison of before (left) and after (right) installing the mount and flexible coupler

and from another angle
Before

After

I have printed this motor mount, and installed it.
I must say it is a big improvement.
I had already installed a flex coupler, but this motor mount does make the prints better then only the coupler.

[quote=“mihatomi”]As you can see it does not look bad at all. Now I only have to prove that the Z axis is better than before
[/quote]You’ve got your Z-axis stop a long way from the plunger on the microswitch. The closer it is, the more accurate your homing will be. You could in fact dump the lever and operate the plunger direct, but having the lever and some offset gives the switch some protection.