[SOLVED] Firmware upgrade "AVRDUDE: verification error..."

Hello Velleman Support Team;
I’m trying to upgrade to the new firmware version but I get always this fault as you see on the Picture.

Regards
Niyazi

Make sure you selected the correct board type and communication parameters in Arduino and that you use Arduino Version 1.0.6,
as the newer version doesn’t compile the firmware correctly.
If you downloaded the firmware via Internet explorer, try again using firefox, as Internet explorer sometimes corrups downloads.

cheers,

Christian

[quote=“ichbinsnur”]Make sure you selected the correct board type and communication parameters in Arduino and that you use Arduino Version 1.0.6,
as the newer version doesn’t compile the firmware correctly.
If you downloaded the firmware via Internet explorer, try again using firefox, as Internet explorer sometimes corrups downloads.

cheers,

Christian[/quote]

Hello Ichbinsnur;
I used two different computers with Windows 8.1 and Windows 7 operating Systems. I use Arduino 1.0.6. I downloaded the firmware via Internet Explorer, Google Chrome and Firefox. I use COM3 seriell-port with standart settings, but I also tried with 115200 XON/XOFF or HARDWARE shake. I choosed board and port COM3 under Arduino 1.0.6 Arduino MEGA 2560 or Mega ADK. After this fault I remove the programming shunt, then I go to Settings–>Restore Failsafe–>Store Memory…
When I look on the Vertex3d Printer “Firmware Version” it is showing:
VERTEX 3D PRINTER
M: 1.0 V: 1.1 Heads: 2
vertex3dprinter.eu
velleman.eu

Regards
Niyazi

Have you placed the PROG jumper?

Have you tried to connect to the board using the Serial Monitor or Repetier?
Just the make sure that the board respond… Remove the PROG jumper for this…

Cheers,
Dylan

The error seems to be caused by communication errrors during the flashing process.
Did you select the correct Board type in Arduino Ide?
Maybe try a different USB cable.

[quote=“minitreintje”]Have you placed the PROG jumper?

Have you tried to connect to the board using the Serial Monitor or Repetier?
Just the make sure that the board respond… Remove the PROG jumper for this…

Cheers,
Dylan[/quote]

Hello Dylan,
yes I connect printer and can manually steer it under Repetier-Host without problems. After I start with double clicking right marlin.ino file Arduino IDE starts then I put Programming Sunt/Jumper on.

Regards
Niyazi

Maybe like ichbinsnur said: try another USB cable.

Cheers,
Dylan

[quote=“minitreintje”]Maybe like ichbinsnur said: try another USB cable.

Cheers,
Dylan[/quote]

Hello Dylan,
I will try with another usb cable, I hope it will function.

Regards
Niyazi

[quote=“minitreintje”]Maybe like ichbinsnur said: try another USB cable.

Cheers,
Dylan[/quote]

Hello Dylan,
now I tried with three other usb cables also with different sizes from 30cm, 1 meter and 2 meter. I always get same error:

“Binäre Sketchgröße: 123.564 Bytes (von einem Maximum von 258.048 Bytes)
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x2e6c
0x61 != 0x21
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch”

Is there any solution for this error or are this errors not so important for the function of the Vertex3d Printer?

Regards
Niyazi

[quote=“niyoki”][quote=“minitreintje”]Maybe like ichbinsnur said: try another USB cable.

Cheers,
Dylan[/quote]

Hello Dylan,
now I tried with three other usb cables also with different sizes from 30cm, 1 meter and 2 meter. I always get same error:

0x61 != 0x21

Is there any solution for this error or are this errors not so important for the function of the Vertex3d Printer?

Regards
Niyazi[/quote]

This error implies the formware was not uploaded correctly, so it would surely affect the operation of the printer.
What programmer type and board type did you select in the Arduino IDE settings?

[quote=“ichbinsnur”][quote=“niyoki”][quote=“minitreintje”]Maybe like ichbinsnur said: try another USB cable.

Cheers,
Dylan[/quote]

Hello Dylan,

0x61 != 0x21

Regards
Niyazi[/quote]

This error implies the formware was not uploaded correctly, so it would surely affect the operation of the printer.
What programmer type and board type did you select in the Arduino IDE settings?[/quote]

Hello Ichbinsnur,
Programmer type Tools–>Programmer–>“AVRISP mkII”.
Board type Tools–>Board–>“Arduino Mega 2560 or Mega ADK”

Regards
Niyazi

Hmm, that are the correct settings.
Maybe your programming jumper doesn’t close correctly. Someone else here on the board hat a faulty jumper also.
Try shorting it with a screwdriver or jumper wires while programming. That worked for that guy.

Oh, and the printer must be powered up during programming also. Only USB connection is not sufficient.

[quote=“ichbinsnur”]Hmm, that are the correct settings.
Maybe your programming jumper doesn’t close correctly. Someone else here on the board hat a faulty jumper also.
Try shorting it with a screwdriver or jumper wires while programming. That worked for that guy.

Oh, and the printer must be powered up during programming also. Only USB connection is not sufficient.[/quote]

Hello Ichbinsnur,
I tried also different Jumpers and screwdriver while programming, also Vertex was pulgged to the wall outlet (230 Volt)

Thank you again
Regards
Niyazi

[quote=“niyoki”][quote=“ichbinsnur”]Hmm, that are the correct settings.

Oh, and the printer must be powered up during programming also. Only USB connection is not sufficient.[/quote]

Hello Ichbinsnur,
I tried also different Jumpers and screwdriver while programming, also Vertex was pulgged to the wall outlet (230 Volt)

Thank you again
Regards
Niyazi[/quote]

I assume that didn’t work either?
Perhaps check if the programming jumper has connection to the respective pins on the Atmega using the schematics.
Maybe the programming circuit or the flash on the chip is bad.

Another chance is to use an ASP programmer to flash it.

cheers,

Christian

[quote=“ichbinsnur”][quote=“niyoki”][quote=“ichbinsnur”]Hmm, that are the correct settings.

Hello Ichbinsnur,

Thank you again
Regards
Niyazi[/quote]

I assume that didn’t work either?
Perhaps check if the programming jumper has connection to the respective pins on the Atmega using the schematics.
Maybe the programming circuit or the flash on the chip is bad.

cheers,

Christian[/quote]

Hello Christian,
should I also remove all connections, driver boards, power supply, Lcd Screen and sd card connector then try to upgrade?

Regards
Niyazi

Just wondering
Are you using a Windows machine or Mac to do this?

I’m not sure it matters but maybe something to look at.

Ok another thought.
Did you unzip the firmware before updating?

[quote=“Wrong Way”]Ok another thought.
Did you unzip the firmware before updating?[/quote]

Hello Wrong Way,
yes i unzipped firmware files. I’m using Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

Regards
Niyazi

[quote=“Wrong Way”]Ok another thought.
Did you unzip the firmware before updating?[/quote]

Hello Wrong Way,
yes i unzipped firmware files. I’m using Windows Vista, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1.

Regards
Niyazi

Like I said it was just a thought.