[SOLVED] Firmware upgrade "AVRDUDE: verification error..."

[quote=“niyoki”]
Hello Christian,
should I also remove all connections, driver boards, power supply, Lcd Screen and sd card connector then try to upgrade?

Regards
Niyazi[/quote]

Worth a try, but normally not necessary.

cheers,

Christian

[quote=“ichbinsnur”][quote=“niyoki”]
Hello Christian,
should I also remove all connections, driver boards, power supply, Lcd Screen and sd card connector then try to upgrade?

Regards
Niyazi[/quote]

Worth a try, but normally not necessary.

cheers,

Christian[/quote]

Hello,
I removed everything connected to the board and tried to upgrade firmware. Same error…I also checked programming jumper connections to U3 and C18 everything is okay. When I don’t install Programming Jumper Arduino Ide showing another error can’t upload to the board or something like that. I hope Velleman Support read this forum too…If they can give me an idea it would be also nice.

Regards
Niyazi

I think that this error is caused with corrupted Arduino bootloader or memory of the ATMega chip and that solution will be reprogramming of bootloader with AVR-ISP mkII or similar programmer.

You can try first to program it with almost empty sketch, create new project, write the code bellow, compile and upload and see what’s going to happen.

[code]void setup() {
// put your setup code here, to run once:

}

void loop() {
// put your main code here, to run repeatedly:

}[/code]

The best case scenario, you will upload code, old code will be erased including corrupted memory locations and you will be ready to upload Vertex sketch. In the worst case scenario upload will work for this small program but not for Vertex code and you will have to either reprogram motherboard with external programmer or send it to support.

That is what i thought too.

Get yourself an asp programmer (maybe the one from arduino? :wink: )
and reflash the bootloader and firmware with that.
If your chip isn’t damaged that will work.

cheers,

Christian

[quote=“kulla”]I think that this error is caused with corrupted Arduino bootloader or memory of the ATMega chip and that solution will be reprogramming of bootloader with AVR-ISP mkII or similar programmer.

You can try first to program it with almost empty sketch, create new project, write the code bellow, compile and upload and see what’s going to happen.

[code]void setup() {

}

void loop() {

}[/code]

The best case scenario, you will upload code, old code will be erased including corrupted memory locations and you will be ready to upload Vertex sketch. In the worst case scenario upload will work for this small program but not for Vertex code and you will have to either reprogram motherboard with external programmer or send it to support.[/quote]

Hello Kulla,
I uploaded empty sketch like you wrote, there was no error with uploading. But when I try to upgrade with Vertex3d Printer Firmware 1 Head V1 or 2 Head V1 or 1 Head V1.1 and 2 Head V 1.1 it gives same error.

Regards
Niyazi

[quote=“niyoki”][quote=“kulla”]I think that this error is caused with corrupted Arduino bootloader or memory of the ATMega chip and that solution will be reprogramming of bootloader with AVR-ISP mkII or similar programmer.

[code]void setup() {

}

void loop() {

}[/code]

The best case scenario, you will upload code, old code will be erased including corrupted memory locations and you will be ready to upload Vertex sketch. In the worst case scenario upload will work for this small program but not for Vertex code and you will have to either reprogram motherboard with external programmer or send it to support.[/quote]

Hello Kulla,
I uploaded empty sketch like you wrote, there was no error with uploading. But when I try to upgrade with Vertex3d Printer Firmware 1 Head V1 or 2 Head V1 or 1 Head V1.1 and 2 Head V 1.1 it gives same error.

Regards
Niyazi[/quote]

Then try with an ASP Programmer. They are not that expensive at all.

Hello,

I get this “Binary sketch size: 123,564 bytes (of a 258,048 byte maximum)
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x096c
0x6f != 0x2f
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch”
error only when under [color=#0040BF]Arduino 1.0.6 File–>Preferences–>Verify code after upload [/color] box checked. When I uncheck this I get “Done Uploading avrdude done Thank you.” without any error.

Regards
Niyazi

[quote=“niyoki”]Hello,

I get this "Binary sketch size: 123,564 bytes (of a 258,048 byte maximum)
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x096c
0x6f != 0x2f
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch
error only when under [color=#0040BF]Arduino 1.0.6 File–>Preferences–>Verify code after upload [/color] box checked. When I uncheck this I get “Done Uploading avrdude done Thank you.” without any error.

Regards
Niyazi[/quote]

If you disable verification it can’t display verification errors at all.
But it shouldn’t give you errors when enabled.

As Kulla wrote maybe your bootloader on the Atmega is corrupted resulting in incorrect upload.
The only way to fix that is to reflash the bootloader with an ASP programmer and/or directly program with it.

cheers,

Christian

Good thing is that empty sketch uploads.

I would say that that sounds as bootloader error.

If you have other Arduino board you can try to use it as a bootloader programmer or buy external programmer.

Check this link for more details learn.sparkfun.com/tutorials/in … bootloader

I solved my firmware upgrade problem. I changed under com port settings advanced tab suspend to 3600 sec. After this change firmware upgrade ended with “Done Upgrade AVRDDUDE thank you”

regards
niyazi

Nice to hear you got it to work!

Great. Your post should be pinned as sticky one and should be on wiki.

Can you change title of the thread and add prefix [Solved] so that other can find it easier?

Tnx for sharing of your solution

[quote=“kulla”]Great. Your post should be pinned as sticky one and should be on wiki.

Can you change title of the thread and add prefix [Solved] so that other can find it easier?

Tnx for sharing of your solution[/quote]
I was just about to suggest the same.

Niyoki, would you be so kind and put it under troubleshooting on the Wiki ?

Hello,
we solved all together.

Regards
Niyazi

[quote=“niyoki”]Hello,
we solved all together.

Regards
Niyazi[/quote]

Thanks for the flowers :wink:

Will you put it on the Wiki ?

[quote=“ichbinsnur”][quote=“niyoki”]Hello,
we solved all together.

Regards
Niyazi[/quote]

Will you put it on the Wiki ?[/quote]

Hello,
i would but I must create another account for this or? Or somebody ( you or Raby or someone else) can put this solving method (copyright free) for us what I also proofed under Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

Regards
Niyazi

[quote=“niyoki”][quote=“ichbinsnur”][quote=“niyoki”]Hello,
we solved all together.

Regards
Niyazi[/quote]

Will you put it on the Wiki ?[/quote]

Hello,
i would but I must create another account for this or? Or somebody ( you or Raby or someone else) can put this solving method (copyright free) for us what I also proofed under Windows XP, Windows 7 and Windows 8.1

Regards
Niyazi[/quote]

You can participate even without an account, i just suggested you to do it, cause you remember the timeline best.

For the Wiki, could someone with an English version of Windows post a print screen of the advanced tab with these settings? (they’re only displayed for the USB serial com ports and not the regular ones and I can’t move the only English Windows I have near the printer).

I don’t have Windows so I can’t help you… Maybe a Virtual Machine is an option if nobody posts one.

Cheers,
Dylan

Hello Raby,
I use German version. This has to do, like you wrote only with the virtual com ports over an usb. Beside this also crazy thing: you can change this setting only one time then click okay. If you next time go to the advanced settings please do not click okay or you have to clean install all the drivers for the usb virtual com port (I not wanted to do, but I had to do this)

Regards
Niyazi