Simplify3D Optimized settings SINGLE & DUAL EXT 2016 Update!

Thank you meter :slight_smile:

• Thanks for sharing, you are awesome :slight_smile:
  • uPdAtEs WoOoOo!!

0 voters

So after some time with this software and multiple failed prints i finally found the (almost) perfect settings for this printer.
I just wanted to share my setting if anyone was running into any issues with Simplify3D.

Link is updated!
[color=#FF0000]Enjoy![/color]

[color=#0000FF]Download link:[/color] drive.google.com/drive/u/0/fold … ktvRU92S2s

[color=#FF0000]07-01-2016 New profiles are up! (finally i know) fixes are listed below.[/color]

[color=#0040FF]#Improved stock settings for more reliable prints.
#Fixed random reverse priming of extruder.
#Improved priming and stability of dual extruding.[/color]

Version [color=#0000FF]1.7[/color]

Interresting.

Did you change the firmware to correct the wrong value for extrusion (148.7 in place of 200) ?
How did you fix the correct extrusion width ? (vase mode ?)
What’s the gap between bed and head ? I see first layer is only 75% heigth.
Is this setting works for all filament (Velleman brand) at several temp and other height layer ?

Thanks

I’ve recheck you profile.
Seems there is wrong parameters for the bed size in Build Volume (gcode tab)
X=180, Y=200, Z=190
It is not must be ?
X= 200, Y=180, Z=190

extract from you fff file :

Anyway, if it works for you, that’s right.

[quote=“Jean D”]Interresting.

Did you change the firmware to correct the wrong value for extrusion (148.7 in place of 200) ?
How did you fix the correct extrusion width ? (vase mode ?)
What’s the gap between bed and head ? I see first layer is only 75% heigth.
Is this setting works for all filament (Velleman brand) at several temp and other height layer ?

Thanks[/quote]

1: Nope, just set extrusion multiplier to 0.78 seems to be a sweet spot.
2: Extrusion width is 0.42mm that is 0.35*1.2 which is recomended.
3: The distance between the bed and head is set so i can just see that there is space between them (works great / eyes ftw)
4: I currently only have PLA to test, 190 is the recomended setting for PLA and works great with my 3D Prima PLA.

[color=#FF0000]I will be updating this settings file while i learn more about this program, so keep an eye out for updates!![/color]

[quote=“Jean D”]I’ve recheck you profile.
Seems there is wrong parameters for the bed size in Build Volume (gcode tab)
X=180, Y=200, Z=190
It is not must be ?
X= 200, Y=180, Z=190

extract from you fff file :

Anyway, if it works for you, that’s right.[/quote]

Doesn’t seem to be an issue for me, but thanks for info.

Print quality samples:

[color=#0000FF]Printed at 0.2[/color]

[color=#0000FF]Printed at 0.1 [/color]

Is Simplify3D really its money worth?
140$ is a bit to much imho…

Has it that many advantages compared to Repetierhost combined with cura or Slic3r?
I’m new to 3D printing so if stuff is done easier with another tool or something like that, I’m all ears…

Kind regards
JeAfKe

[quote=“jeafke”]Is Simplify3D really its money worth?
140$ is a bit to much imho…

Has it that many advantages compared to Repetierhost combined with cura or Slic3r?
I’m new to 3D printing so if stuff is done easier with another tool or something like that, I’m all ears…

Kind regards
JeAfKe[/quote]

Repetier Host is really not that bad (doesn’t get updates often tho), but if you are passionate about 3D printing i would want the best software for my printer.
I love the ui and the manual controls with support in Simplify3D, slicing is also way faster and all around is a little better at everything.

So far im [color=#00FF00]happy[/color] with this investment. :slight_smile:

Can you please explain where to find that value? I have looked in the settings menu (version3.0.0) and could not find 148.7 or 200.
Best Regards

It’s stay on the firmware (the software you loaded in your Vertex with Arduino).
It’s a kind of Operating System for your printer.
Seems there is some “wrong” parameters in the original firmware, specially for extrusion, that explain why we get better results when extrusion is lowered to around 73%
There is a page about in the Raby’s wiki here : k8xxx-3dprinters.crimed.be/w … Mod_extrud

You can change the value directly via the lcd but you’ll get problem to load and unload filament.
The best is to reload the firmware with the one corrected by Migra and h60.
I use this new firmware and now I don’t care about the correction in slicers (Cura, Slic3r, S3D) because it’s fixed at low level.

Of course, before load this firmware, you need to know (and understand) what you do.

Is the extrusion width similar to the nozzle diameter? You have to set it there? And change the shell thickness to 0,84?

Are there also any settings to manipulate the top-finish in Simplify3d?

Thanks

[quote=“BlackGhost”][quote=“Jean D”]
[/quote]

Can you please explain where to find that value? I have looked in the settings menu (version3.0.0) and could not find 148.7 or 200.
Best Regards[/quote]

Its called Extrusion Multiplier Under extruder settings.

[quote=“jakemog22”][quote=“BlackGhost”][quote=“Jean D”]
[/quote]

Best Regards[/quote]

Its called Extrusion Multiplier Under extruder settings.[/quote]

Not really.
I spoke about the Esteps/mm defined in the firmware.
You can find it on the lcd in Settings/Motion/Esteps/mm (19th parameter)

Hi,

About the customized FW.
Some news about the Dual Head Custom one?

[quote=“crzdg”]Hi,

About the customized FW.
Some news about the Dual Head Custom one?[/quote]

You can download it from the top post, but it’s untested and a work in progress.
Ill be doing tests when i come home later today.

This is the Simplify3D Settings file.

I mean the Malin Firmware for the printer itself. The modified one from h60

[quote=“crzdg”]This is the Simplify3D Settings file.

I mean the Malin Firmware for the printer itself. The modified one from h60[/quote]

That i can’t help you with, and changing the flow settings is not good enough?

Can you please add a changelog to the first post?
So that we have a history wit all the changes and improvements. And also important is to describe what the changes are doing.
So in example for the extruder calibartion values. Where do this numbers come from? What is this doing. Its not that helpful when you write, it helps for me but may not for you. Help them to get them the values itself and the know-how what this setting is doing.

[quote=“crzdg”]Can you please add a changelog to the first post?
So that we have a history wit all the changes and improvements. And also important is to describe what the changes are doing.
So in example for the extruder calibartion values. Where do this numbers come from? What is this doing. Its not that helpful when you write, it helps for me but may not for you. Help them to get them the values itself and the know-how what this setting is doing.[/quote]

Don’t worry i have thought of that, i just have not had the time.

I also own Simplify3D now. I did import your settings and wanted to do a test print.
But i have a problem with this software.

1. Where can i change, that first the parking is done, and then the heating starts.
  2. The extruder does a big retract after heating up. But i want to have that the extruder is priming before starting, like in repetier host.

Thanks for help