Problems with first connection

Ok guys I’m new to this 3d printing malarkey finally got my k8200 built up following instruction carefully. However when I turn it on the fan starts a few led light up on the board then after a few seconds it all stops all led go out except usb ones and all I am getting is command waiting on the repetier software…??? Also I think I may have a buggered z stepper drive as It will not adjust to correct voltage it just stays at 0.01 v… any help much appreciated I’ve tried removing stepper drive but still ommand waiting…??? I’m about to tear my hair out at this moment in time so bloody frustrating guna be pissed if it’s a bad one out the box and I’ve wasted a whole weekend building it! Please help!
Cheers luke

The longer I leave it off the longer it will stay with the led’s lit I guess that is to do with the capacitors discharging over time? This is so frustrating I have changed the power fuse from 3a to 13 amps now but no difference… any help? Do velleman/vertex own this forum is there a way to contact them on here? Loosing confidence in this product fast!

Checking through the manual I do not see this at the bottom of the screen when I connect the printer as it says in the manual…???

FIRMWARE_NAME:MarlinV1; Sprinter/grblmashupFIRMWARE_URL:http://www.K8200.eu - velleman.eu PROTOCOL_VERSION:1.0 MACHINE_TYPE:K8200 - 3D PRINTER EXTRUDER_COUNT:1

Also if I check the voltage across the 3 good motor drivers while the fan is running and led’s lit the voltage is in increased. If I set the voltage after fan has turned off and led’s gone out it will max out at around .400 so I can’t get the reccomended .425 volts…???

Check the voltage of the power supply at the blue connector.
Should be 15VDC
Instead of 0.425 you should really adjust them to 0.55 this will work best.
Do not go over 0.6 as the drivers will over heat and act stupid.

I cannot adjust the drivers higher than .425 ish one of them only goes to .380 ish ??? I will check the voltage of mains blue plug ? Can you be more descriptive? Thanks luke

I would recommend to remove all stepper driver modules first.
The place them back ona at a time and see if the printer connects correctly and if you can set the correct voltage on the modules.
This way you can find out if one of them is faulty.

Thanks for the help I can confirm 15.3v at the blue connector from mains this does not change from when I first turn it on and led’s light up to them going out a few seconds later… I am using Windows 8 on my computer to communicate with the printer and downloaded the repetier specific for the k8200 from a link on here… first question… should the led’s go out after a short time when powering on leaving only the usb led’s lit?
Second question does the repetier specific software for my k8200 support windows 8 or do I have to go through turning the signatures off to install specific driver? Also I have ordered a new a4988 motor driver as it was only a few quid and can’t be doing with waiting around for velleman to sort it thanks for any help luke

I have tried removing all steppers however I am still not able to adjust the one so I guess it’s buggered… will the printer connect without the stepper motors in or do they all need to be there for a circuit?

Connection to the PC is independent of the stepper drivers.
That should work without them installed.

Also check your printer settings in repetier for :

Baudrate : 250000
Reset on Connect : disabled
Protocol : auto detect
and of course for the correct com port

The other stepper drivers work in other slots so I guess I have 2 problems here… 1 connection 2 faulty stepper motor drive… when first powering the unit and led’s are lit stepper drives read .66 v but when led’s extinguish they read .425??

Yes my setting are correct my version of repetier is v0.95f however I’ve just realised I downloaded another version also 1.6.0 or something alike however I have uninsulated that version now so just left with k8200 repetier-host v0.95f

Printer setting are as follows
Serial connection
Com3
Auto detect
Disabled
Send emergency command and re connect

Do you think uninstalling the k8200 repetier host and re downloading it may help and start a fresh… the drivers in my driver folder in repetier host v0.95f are as follows
Cdm 2 08 30 release info.rt
Cam v2.08.30 whql certified.exe
Cam v2.08.30 whql certified zip folder

Cdm not cam lol bloody predictive text lol

I m using com port 3 which is what showed up in device manager??? anyone?

can someone post me a link up for a windows 8 driver that is known to work as I am going to start a fresh uninstall everything and retry the lot thanks luke also anyone tell me if I have to disable driver signatures?
want to get printing with this bloody printer haha

If you want to disable the signatures try this.

1. Windows Key + R
  2. Enter shutdown.exe /r /o /f /t 00 [color=#BF0000]<-- these are zeros Note the spaces[/color]
  3. Click the “OK” button
  4. System will restart to a “Choose an option” screen
  5. Select “Troubleshoot” from “Choose an option” screen
  6. Select “Advanced options” from “Troubleshoot” screen
  7. Select “Windows Startup Settings” from “Advanced options” screen
  8. Click “Restart” button
  9. System will restart to “Advanced Boot Options” screen
  10. Select “Disable Driver Signature Enforcement”
  11. Once the system starts, install the drivers

thanks wrong I think I may have an idea why im struggling to connect I think I may have the wrong driver installed I have the 2. 08 .30 for windows 8 however on the website virtual com port drivers it says it is no longer supported and I think the one I need is 2.12.10… can anyone confirm which driver they are using for windows 8?

someone must have windows 8 and know the driver they downloaded?