Problems with first connection

I wish I could help.
But the machine I use for the printers is Windows 7.
I only use it to slice the project then transfer it to a Raspberry Pi running OctoPrint.

bugger ah well hopefully someone will be along shortly really want to get this thing running…

ok so got the new stepper drivers through and its still doing something very strange the board powers up for a few seconds then all leds go out and the voltage over all the drivers slowly decreases??? help please or else this is going back to maplins for a full refund!

the voltage at the blue clip is still 15.3 its like the board powers up then shuts down???

after board powers down I still get 0.4 ish volts at each driver??? but that is max I can adjust

after the leds go out the board gets red hot… too hot to touch near the blue connector where mains in is!

when I turn on ld9 ld10 ld4 ld2 all light up then go off again in that order???come on velleman ???coooey velleman do you care about selling junk???full refund from maplin me thinks!!!

n I turnon power fan starts and extruder gets hot too before all dies???

If velleman support do not answer my thread before I wake up in the morning I will be returning this product to maplin for a full refund I’ve come to the conclusion that the mb is faulty and I’ve lost all faith in the product quality. I’m just really pissed off that I put so much time and effort into this and got nothing from It except a headache and stress you will loose a customer or two as friends of mine are waiting to see my results before purchasing this kit… I think I’ll spend a bit more money and buy a reprap pro mendal…

Ok so I’ve slept on this and as you can tell by my posts I was in a pretty bad mood last night/ this morning… I have contacted maplin and they have agreed to exchange the m board for another they have in stock I am going to take the printer and a laptop with me to try the new board. I’m just glad velleman chose to deal with a reputable distributor
Any input to my thread is welcome.
Cheers luke

Hi,

Sorry for the late answer. I do think that replacing your board and driver was the only solution as your set of problems was kind of odd.

Please let us now when you receive your replacement board if everything works correctly.

Sincerely

Can someone tell me what there mother board does when powering on please… as in what lights are lit etc

Thanks for the reply can you help with my last question so I know the new board is OK I’m taking the printer in to maplin to test new board

Someone must have a working velleman k8200 surely?

I can confirm it was indeed a faulty mb I’m up and running and making my first print as I type mwahahaha ha

I fixed the waiting commands this way:

I started fixing the problem by re-installing the Arduino program Marlin - Arduino 1.0.6. on my arduino board, and ran the k8200 dedicated K8200 Repetier-Host V0.95F which is downloadable from a link at K8200.eu.
I was receiving waiting commands AFTER the bottom left hand corner said I was connected with the right COM port.

I opened my Arduino program Marlin - Arduino 1.0.6. then opened/uploaded my Marlin.ino and found 2 different BAUDRATE font shades under the tab Configuration.h.
I changed both, and the system worked. I am printing as normal.
Key note: When you click “Verify” to check the code, make sure your Repetier Host program is NOT connected, or you will get an error.

The correct as recommened my K8200 is to use the Baudrate 250000. Make sure your Reptier host/Config/Printer Settings/Connection Tab is also set to 250000.
Other Settings are:

• Connector: Serial Connection
  • Port: COM3 (this may change)
  • Baud Rate: 250000
  • Transfer Protocol: Autodetect
  • Reset on Connect: Disabled
  • Reset on Emergency: Send emergency command and reconnect
  • Receive Cache Size: 63
  • Uncheck Use Ping-Pong

The image attached is the screen shot.
I find that sometimes the image is not available on forums, so I also posted the direct link of the image which is hosted on my website below.

davidgjung.com/images/Pictures/K … aiting.jpg