My computer won`t see my printer

i just builded my printer and i wanted to start coneccting it and installing the software.
when i connected my printer for the first time following the instuctions on the site my computter did not see my printer.
i tried this for many times but stil notting, anyone have an idee what the problem is and if there is an fix?

Bas

Hi,
Check the baud rate in the printer settings
Should be set to 250000
While you are there make sure Reset on Connect is set to disabled

[quote=“Wrong Way”]Hi,
Check the baud rate in the printer settings
Should be set to 250000
While you are there make sure Reset on Connect is set to disabled[/quote]

i did that as i said i followed the instuction as far as i could but my computer just wont see that the printer is connected.
the usb port works and the printer is getting power.

What do you see in device manager?

that is the hole problem it is like there is no printer in the device manager.

Are you looking under Com & LPT ports.
You might try removing and reloading the driver
Be sure to use the USB cable that came with the printer

[quote=“Wrong Way”]Are you looking under Com & LPT ports.
You might try removing and reloading the driver
Be sure to use the USB cable that came with the printer[/quote]

there is no com & LPT port that is the problen i did what you sad but unfortunaly it did not help.
is it a problem whit windows 8?
could it be that the bord is busted?

Hi bas hertog,

when you connect the controller board (first USB only, then main power), what LEDs do you see lighting up on the board (especially LD1 next to the ATmega and LD5 / LD6 next to the USB socket)?

Cheers,
kuraasu

[quote=“kuraasu”]Hi bas hertog,

when you connect the controller board (first USB only, then main power), what LEDs do you see lighting up on the board (especially LD1 next to the ATmega and LD5 / LD6 next to the USB socket)?

Cheers,
kuraasu[/quote]

when i put in the usb noting happens when i put in the power the green light flashes.

Hi bas hertog,

then the problem is not your PC, but the board.

Is there anything visibly wrong with the USB socket? E.g. on its back, there are five small pads visible, are those all connected to the board or is one perhaps a bit short on solder? Does anything on the board (especially the three large ICs) get hot when it’s powered (main and/or USB)?

Cheers,
kuraasu

thanks for al the replies i aim getting an new board so thanks.

i just got my new board in the mail, and the lights are glowing it is making contact.
but the printer is frozen al the settings for the repetier host are right, same version as in the toturial anywone have an idee what the problem could be?

Hi,

if you click on “Connect” in repetier is there any output in the log area?

Have you tried to press the reset button on the printer’s board?

regards

walo

[quote=“walo”]Hi,

if you click on “Connect” in repetier is there any output in the log area?

Have you tried to press the reset button on the printer’s board?

regards

walo[/quote]

i did try the restart it did not work it says: error: printer stopped du to errors. fix the errors and use m999 to restart.
and bevore that: temperature heated bed switched off. MAXTEMP triggerd !!

Hi bas hertog,

the broken thermistor that you mentioned in the other thread is the problem here. I presume the temperature is something like 763 °C (i.e. short circuit on the THERM input)?

Cheers,
kuraasu

is there an way to fix this to just disable the heatbed or someting?

Do you have a spare thermistor for the extruder? I broke my bed thermistor when trying to flatten the bed. So I used the second extruder thermistor (came with my printer) for the bed and fixed it with a piece of heat resistant tape.
Worked like a charm.

regards

walo

[quote=“walo”]Do you have a spare thermistor for the extruder? I broke my bed thermistor when trying to flatten the bed. So I used the second extruder thermistor (came with my printer) for the bed and fixed it with a piece of heat resistant tape.
Worked like a charm.

regards

walo[/quote]

i could try that thanks for the idee

Hi bas hertog,

apart from another thermistor, you can of course also connect a standard resistor to the THERM input. Between 100 and 10 kΩ should work, giving indicated temperatures from 25 to 80 °C.

Of course, this will fix the temperature according to the installed resistance and disable the heating control circuit, so only use this “solution” if you know what you’re doing.

Cheers,
kuraasu

i just got the thing working and worked tru the instructions until i needed to heat the head now it is stuck on 275 C in the repieter host but the head is hardly 50 C what is the problem?