K8200 extruder hit print

Hello,

I have a problem with my K8200.
the first layer its good but after that layers the extruder hit the printing object, and mesh it up.
what can i do to solved the problem?

Sorry for my bad English, i’m Dutch.

What temp and material areyou using?

Check if your nozzle/bed distance is set correctly and you do not extrude too much material.

Thank you for your answer.

I print with black PLA (3mm, 190°-240°).
The extruder temp is 195°, and the bed is 50°.
How much the extruder extrude, i don’t know.
Where can i see that or where can i set that?

Let me guess, it is your first printer and you are new to this? :wink: (well i was last year)

If you select configuration -> firmware eeprom configuration you find the steps/mm for the extruder.
You schould calibrate thet to extrude the correct length.

Therfeore mark your filament, then tell the printer to extrude 10cm and measure the actual extruded length.
Then calculate a new value for the steps/mm and set it in repetier.
Try to get it as close to 10cm when you tell it to extrude 10cm.

The other important value that influence extrusion is filament diameter (settable in slic3r or cura settings)
This diameter should be an good average of your real filament diameter.
Measure it at some points along the filamnet and calculate the average.
Almost no filament is actually it’s design size, and almost all slighly change in diameter along the length.

The firmware uses this 2 values to calculate how much filament to actually extrude.
So if they differ too much the firmware calculates the extrusion incorrectly and does over- or underextrude.

If you get those 2 values quite good calibrated, you can use the flow value in slic3r or cura to tune out the rest.
(normally it should be set to 100% with well calibrated steps/mm and filament diameter)
You can also change flow during print in repetier to influence it, if the print still shows over or underextrusion.

In your case it can also be that your z axis looses steps because it runs too hard or the steps/mm are set incorrectly.
Which firmware do you use for the printer? The v2.1.1? If so check your steps/mm for z axis as that firmware is set for use with the
1.5mm pitch leadscrew upgrade for the z axis.

Is your project warping on the bed?

Yes this is my first printer and i’m totaly new with 3d printing :smiley:
My hole firmware eeprom configuration is set on “0”, is that normal?

How can i tell to my printer that he must extrude 10cm?

With wiche slicer is the best? slic3r or CuraEngine?

My firware is Marlin v2

The project is not warping on the bed, the project is the first 2 layers good and than hits the extruder the print and than is get warping.

[quote=“Joran90”]Yes this is my first printer and i’m totaly new with 3d printing :smiley:
My hole firmware eeprom configuration is set on “0”, is that normal?[/quote]

No, that is not normal.
Try loading the default settings with repetier. Then the firmware defaults should show up in the config window.

On manual control tab in repetier press the 100 button on extruder control.

I personally prefer cura enginge, as it is way faster and doen’t make so much unnecessary moves as slic3r.
But for some objects slic3r may be better, especially “spiral vase” things.

Does it warp first, or does the nozzle hit the print and thus loosen it?

Crazy question,

What is the room temp?
The reason I ask is if your room is too cold this will cause problems.

Cany you post a short video of your print showing the issue?

I can’t load other settings, i try to “restore factory settings” but than it stays “0”.

My exturder extrude 8.95cm, so that’s not good.

The printer is in the livingroom, so it is 19/20C°.

This is the movie, but i cann’t get it right with my camera.

Your room sounds a little cool.

You might try putting a lite coating of hair spray on the glass.

You may want to check the thermistor on the hot end for proper placement.
If looks like the plastic is stringing a little like it’s to hot.

Looks like your printer moves the z axis up when travelling.
This is likely the cause of your problems.

Did you slice with cura?
If so, disable lift while cooling.

If you used slic3r set a lower value for minimum layer time.

And how can i get values by “firmware EEPROM Configuaration”?
I search a lot but i cann’t find how i do that.

Normally repetier should show the firmware settings if tools - firmware EEProm config is opened.

If it does not, mybe your firmware doesn’t work correctly.
Did you flash it yourself? If so, Which Arduino IDE did you use? 1.0.6?

This is how the EEProm config should show up.
(note that the values i use are different from the standard configuration because of my mods)

[quote=“ichbinsnur”]Normally repetier should show the firmware settings if tools - firmware EEProm config is opened.

If it does not, mybe your firmware doesn’t work correctly.
Did you flash it yourself? If so, Which Arduino IDE did you use? 1.0.6?[/quote]

Yes i did it myself.
I use Arduino 1.0.6, do you have a firmware link, that you use?

Look at my previous post, there is a picture of what you should see.

Here is a link to the Firmware V2 i have on my PC.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qxwuslr713mfj9s/firmware_k8200_marlinv2.zip?dl=0

When i update that firmware the results are again “0” values.

look in the configuration.h file in marlin and uncomment the following line :
#define EEPROM_CHITCHAT

// EEPROM
// the microcontroller can store settings in the EEPROM, e.g. max velocity...
// M500 - stores paramters in EEPROM
// M501 - reads parameters from EEPROM (if you need reset them after you changed them temporarily).
// M502 - reverts to the default "factory settings".  You still need to store them in EEPROM afterwards if you want to.
//define this to enable eeprom support
#define EEPROM_SETTINGS
//to disable EEPROM Serial responses and decrease program space by ~1700 byte: comment this out:
// please keep turned on if you can.
//#define EEPROM_CHITCHAT <-- uncomment this line

[quote=“ichbinsnur”]look in the configuration.h file in marlin and uncomment the following line :
#define EEPROM_CHITCHAT

// EEPROM // the microcontroller can store settings in the EEPROM, e.g. max velocity... // M500 - stores paramters in EEPROM // M501 - reads parameters from EEPROM (if you need reset them after you changed them temporarily). // M502 - reverts to the default "factory settings". You still need to store them in EEPROM afterwards if you want to. //define this to enable eeprom support #define EEPROM_SETTINGS //to disable EEPROM Serial responses and decrease program space by ~1700 byte: comment this out: // please keep turned on if you can. //#define EEPROM_CHITCHAT <-- uncomment this line [/quote]

This works, when i press now on the button “restore factory setting” than i get other values.

Fine!

Now you can change all shown values directly in repetier and store them back to EEProm.
That way you can change them without recompiling and uploading the firmware every time.