K8200 Direct Extruder Upgrade Problems

Hello Everybody

I Resently bought myself an upgrade for my K8200.
I Bought the Spindle and the Direct Extruder upgrade and aded just for fast preseting Temps. the Display module.

Everything is working fine, unlikly the Direct drive Extruder not.

With the Extruder the High Power Stepper Motor Driver was installed.
But with that the Trouble begann.

First and simpel was the wron turning side.
Quickli changed in the Firmware Settings. No Problem

But then i realised the Motor springs back for some Stepps while printing.

Apperently the Steppermotor was not connectet other than bevor the upgrade.
Just thee dircet Drive Head and the Driver was mounted.

It Transports Fillamment, but in slower Speed unlike just pouring out PLA, the Stepper Motor jumps and jumps more and more after time.

Has there anyone an idea where i should start searching for Problems.

Agains the Ideas i head and have checked and wherent the Problem:

Wrong wiering. NO
Stepper Motor not working. NO (Testet again with the old Extruder)
High Power Driver calibration. NO (On diferent Levels the Extruder worked harder or softer but the Jumping worked with this changes. so Jumping harder and softer like the main turning)
Power supply Problems. NO (Was never at the limits)

What else should i Trie?

Thx for all Comments that whill get me.

Best Greadings

Bigwin001

Hello Bigwin001,

The problem you are describing can be the result of 2 problems.
1st one is that the motor is experiencing mechanical stress and can not rotate, thus skips steps. Make sure the motor has no blockages or anything that prevents it from rotating freely.
The 2nd(and more likely) is that you calibrated the motor driver to lightly. What voltage did you see on your meter when you calibrated the motor driver?
Try to set the voltage 0.10~0.15V higher and see if it still skips steps.

Regards,

Arjan

Heyy and Thx for the reply.

Sadly i tried those two situations.
I ich reconfigurated the extruder mechanism and made shure it even can run freely so i titend it a litle bit again, so that the filament doesnt slide trough.

I even atacked some rubber bands at the opening lever so that the spring force is decreaser.

Sadly no positiv funktion here.

The voltage was calibrated by 0.8V
So i turned it up until 0.95V, but it just made more noise than bevor and dosnt efeckt the problem.

I thoutght then the force of the spring and mechanism, but i checked it too and it was not the problem.

I detached the hole set and testet the motor.
It steps back with even no force on the axiel.

Any further ideas?

Thx for the reply

Take a look here:

e class="onebox discoursetopic" data-onebox-src="https://forum.whadda.com/t/k8203-upgrade-and-driver-voltage/12845/5">
Whadda forum - Community Help and Support – 6 Mar 16

K8203 upgrade and driver voltage

K8200 3D Printer K8200 - Wiring and electronics

All, A few weeks ago I decided to upgrade my belt driven extruder (upgraded with an E3D hot-end) by the direct drive extruder as offered in the Velleman K8203 kit. I did not install the included hot-end but modified the angular mount to fit the...

It seems like the new driver board that is supplied with the upgrade can not handle the power needed, which makes the motor skip steps.
Try the solution provided in the thread(Putting the old driver back) and see if that solves the problem somewhat.

I haven’t read through this thread, but it also mentions this upgrade: