K8200 board, broken?

Was doing some printing, and had to update the firmware to test more,
all upgrade went fine thru the Arduino IDE, so no problems there.
Removed the jumper and now it just doesnt show up anymore as serial port.
As soon as you plug in the USB the led next to the ATMega256 goes off.
If you dont power the board and only insert the usb the LD5 and LD6 light up, and stay lit, but no serial port at all.
It has worked until yesterday, and now it just suddenly stopped working.
Drivers are up2date, try’d MacOS, and Linux, both do not see the port at all, which they did before.

Any idea’s ?

The same happened to me.
All of a sudden, the COM port had disappeared
Tried different PC’s, reinstalled the software, but no difference.

I replaced the K8200 board by a Ramps 1.4 board + Arduino Mega.
About 25 euro at AliExpress.

This could of course be a warranty issue…

got the mega board already so thats no problem, and the Ramps1.4 is only 14,50 at 123-3d.nl :wink:

Thanks for the tip!, do those stepperdrivers work on the RAMPS ?

Could it be that you have connected another device with a similar FTDI based USB - com port bridge type device which has initiated an FTDI driver update. The latest FTDI driver is known to have a subtle tweek such that ‘fake’ ftdi devices will no longer work with the driver and hence you loose the com port? try rolling back to an earlier version of the FTDI driver?

Havnt updated the driver for some time, still on the latest.
its the only FTDI chip in my usb part, so no other conflicts as well.
It just stopped working after an update, perhaps the board got shocked during update :stuck_out_tongue:

@hbzandbergen: Do you perhaps have the proper firmware settings for it ? saves me figuring them out :wink:

[quote=“evharten”]got the mega board already so thats no problem, and the Ramps1.4 is only 14,50 at 123-3d.nl :wink:

Thanks for the tip!, do those stepperdrivers work on the RAMPS ?[/quote]

Yes, I used the old stepper drivers

I can post them tonight.

Here’s the firmware.
Should be uploaded to the Mega using Arduino version 1.0.6

we.tl/fmZ2L3LLCD

Hi, can you post it again. i think i fried my controller also.

al cool rib, felt of…now i got 4 red leds…with external power and a very hot mb

thank.
appie

[quote=“appie71”]Hi, can you post it again. i think i fried my controller also.

al cool rib, felt of…now i got 4 red leds…with external power and a very hot mb

thank.
appie[/quote]

Here it is: we.tl/NhDuTMVE6Z

hello , can anyone upload it again?

hello , can anyone upload it again?[/quote]

we.tl/rIGHG5jUvB

thanks friend,

anyone has the vm8201 (original velleman LCD) connected to ramps or anyone know what pins should be connected?

Could someone plz upload it again?

Pretty please

Dear Velleman team,

I have purchased the K 8200 3D printer via the electronics store “Völkner”. The structure worked well. Everything was set according to instructions and downloaded all the programs mentioned. The program “Marlin.ino” could not be uploaded by the Arduino 1.0.6 software on the supplied board. When I try to load the firmware via Arduino 1.0.6 to the board, the error code appears in the appendix. Even through internet research in forums and other pages I could not find the mistake. Could there possibly be an error on the board? When looking at the board more closely, I noticed possible soldering errors (see appendix). Is such a problem already known by other customers? Could you possibly supply me with a replacement board or spare parts or check our board after submission?

Yours sincerely

BananaJoe

That is not a soldering error.
Because of your screen shot I can not read what the error is in the Arduino IDE.

It says:
avrdude: stk500v2_ReceiveMessage (): timeout
avrdude: stk500v2_getsync (): timeout communicating with programmer
avrdude: stk500v2_command (): failed miserably to execute command 0x11
arvdude: stk500v2_disable (): failed to leave programming mode.

Did you mount the JPROG jumper to program the board on the picture it looks it;s not mounted