K8055.dll

DEAR ALL HI
i bought k8055 board and i downloaded the software.i saw k8055.dll so i want see what is the code and how open it and how can write like these file and what is the program which was writing k8055.dll?
i need to know it is very very importent
ruf. with best regard

[quote=“ruf”]DEAR ALL HI
i bought k8055 board and i downloaded the software.i saw k8055.dll so i want see what is the code and how open it and how can write like these file and what is the program which was writing k8055.dll?
i need to know it is very very importent .[/b][/size]
<<ruf. w 8) 8) ith best regard >>[/quote]

See this thread: viewtopic.php?f=3&t=7405

Post #5 contains a link to a zip file containing the source code for version 4.0.0.2 of the K8055D.DLL.

If you don’t read Pascal code so well, I can provide you with some C code that is functionally equivalent. However, that C code is designed to work on Windows as well as Unix environments, so it isn’t necessarily easier to read.

dear MostlyHarmless thanks for Your respond.So Fortunately i like c language i wrote some program by it.i need you provide me with some C code that is functionally equivalent. and also what is the compiler for c and for .dll?

with my best regard.

ruf,

all the resources are documented here: jannicash.info/k8055/

The github repository at github.com/wieck/k8055-pic18f has a branch “emulate-legacy-k8055”. Ignore all the bootloader and firmware fluff in there (unless you intend to modify your K8055 as well).

The /client directory in that project contains C code to build a K8055D.DLL that can communicate with an original K8055 card (the current master branch cannot … I’m working on that). The Makefile.win32 is written for a MinGW environment. So it is all based on “free” software and requires no commercial compiler to build the DLL.

ok dear
i will see that website and i will tell you what is happen with me.thanks

my dear i was reading alot in github.com/wieck/k8055-pic18f and i have 15% understand.so now i have k8055.dll and compiler and the k8055 kit and i have vb6 and visual stduio2010 and some program anb open k8055.dll. but i still edit or do as k8055 as i told you?
what is the next step my dear.
I appreciate your communication with me

github can be a bit confusing if you are not familiar with the git distributed version control system itself.

And to everyone who never used version control systems at all, git itself sure will be intimidating.

If any of the above is the case, you may want to start reading here: git-scm.com/

Regards, Jan

so you mean i have to read about version control systems firest?
ok so can you tell me where can i start to learn to do .dll file as i told you because i confused about these subject just i need
explanation as a steps to do what i want
i will read and make it first step.

i will read the version control systems first and i will feedback you

i did not use and know about .dll or any programming or any method or articles about it
appreciate your communication with me
regardS .RUF

You can use github itself to get a checkout of that branch. On the repository github.com/wieck/k8055-pic18f/ you select the branch “emulate-legacy-k8055” and then press the ZIP button. That will result in this download:

github.com/wieck/k8055-pic18f/z … gacy-k8055

After you unpack that zip archive, you will find a directory “client” with the sources for a client program and the k8055d.dll written in C, plus a Makefile.win32.

You need to have MinGW installed and its bin directory in your PATH, since this source code requires MinGW as development environment. MinGW is a collection of free utilities often found on Unix systems, like the GCC C compiler, make and so on.

If you have that, start a command prompt, cd to that client directory and type

make -f Makefile.win32

and make will compile and link the k8055d.dll for you.

THANKS VERY WILL DEAR NOW IT IS CLEAR FOR ME. ANYWAY I WILL DO IT AND I WILL TELL YOU THE Result.

THANKS MY DEAR TO KEEPING CONNECTING.
BEAST REGARD

my dear do you have any example code which written by dev c++?

No. I don’t even know what “dev c++” is.

it is compiler i was reading k8055.dll file and they advice to ues it or borland .

so do you have any program by c or c++ you did run k8055 by it?also you who did do these program?

Dev-C++ example is included into the latest software package for the K8055.

Here is the link to the download page:
velleman.eu/distributor/supp … code=K8055
Download the: “Complete SDK Pack (Rev 4.0)”.

The package includes new K8055D.DLL and sample projects written in following languages:
• Microsoft Visual Basic 2008 Express Edition
• Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Express Edition
• Microsoft Visual C# 2008 Express Edition
• Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0
• Microsoft Excel VBA
• Borland Delphi 5
• Borland C++Builder 6
• Bloodshed Dev-C++

Please read the “README.TXT” and the “K8055 & VM110 Getting Started.pdf”.

Thanks for the hint, VEL255. I found Bloodshed Dev-C++.

Ruf, unfortunately it seems that the Dev-C++ project is dead since 2005 and more unfortunately, it only supported Windows anyway. I try to keep the client parts of the K8055 open source project portable across Windows and any Unix type OS, that has a libusb2 port available.

I am open to adding project files, so that the sources can be compiled with something like Dev-C++. But I don’t plan on creating them. Somebody else will have to step up and contribute them to the project.

As to your other question, all the source code in the “client” and “Demo Tcl” directories was written by me. The IO protocol of the legacy K8055 client code was based on information I gathered from studying the original Pascal code for the K8055D.DLL Version 4.0 by Velleman. The code in the “bootloader” and “firmware” directories is for the most part the sample code from the Microchip Application Libraries. I only added the part that emulates the K8055 functionality in a PIC18F2550.

hi dear i want to do by vb6 sample program whith timer like
if i press button the led will comes on for while second after that exchange to off for awhile second.
i did sample program by vb6 without timer.so could you tell me about the code and how to do that.

thanks

Please see this thread how to add a timer to your program:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=4644

dear MostlyHarmless i downloaded MinGW and also
so i can not open these file by mingw i did not know how open it.please tell me step by step.i understand 10% only and i know you will can help me to create and do as k8055.dll for any similar board.
could you send your personal email.because in some case i want to attachment some explanation pictures .
thanks a lot and a lot my dear.

best regard.

[quote=“ruf”]dear MostlyHarmless i downloaded MinGW and also
so i can not open these file by mingw i did not know how open it.please tell me step by step.i understand 10% only and i know you will can help me to create and do as k8055.dll for any similar board.
could you send your personal email.because in some case i want to attachment some explanation pictures .
thanks a lot and a lot my dear.

best regard.[/quote]

Ruf,

with all due respect, I am getting the impression that you are at a very early beginner state when it comes to developing software under Windows. From your other questions I see that you know little about the programming languages and environments, you are using, or how to find out about the APIs for the functionality, you need or want. At this stage trying to compile a DLL as the first thing is a little ahead of time. Why don’t you first write a couple of programs that use the provided binary versions of either the official Velleman K8055D.DLL, or the DLLs that you can find here: jannicash.info/k8055/download/Win32/2012-03-07/ ?

Anyhow, the “Min” of MinGW stands for “minimalist”. It’s all command line tools. I’m not primarily a Windows developer myself. I have been developing in C and a few other languages for about 30 years now in Unix environments. That is why I prefer the command line and why MinGW suits me. It may not appeal to everyone.

To compile the client library and command line demo program with plain MinGW:

[ul][li]Make sure that the MinGW bin directory is in your PATH environment variable. This is by default C:\MinGW\bin. You can edit your user/system PATH environment variable under “My Computer->Properties->Advanced->Environment Variables”.[/li]
[li]Start a command prompt.[/li]
[li]Change working directory to …\k8055-pic18f\client ("…" is wherever you extracted that archive).[/li]
[li]Type make -f Makefile.win32[/li][/ul]

You now find a k8055d.dll, k8055m.dll and pthreadGC2.dll in the client directory. All three are needed because this version of the k8055d.dll is only an API wrapper for the k8055m.dll, which in turn uses functionality from pthreadGC2.dll. You should copy them for now into the same directory, where the .exe file using them is, so that the runtime linker can find them when you run your .exe.

Regards,
MH

with all due respect, I am getting the impression that you are at a very early beginner state when it comes to developing software under Windows

what is the main point dear??? :blush: :question: :bulb:

I would like to thank you for your valuable continuing with me. I am interested in the truth and loving everything related to programming in general and the particular circuit programming via computer. So I want to clarify things accurately:
I have purchased a board (k8055) to programming only has programmed to (vb6) and now things have evolved to find out how the programming through the library to link the dynamic that now concentrate on how to work and modify this library so I’m Beginner very, very, and I have no background about it must be inappropriate, please to help me step by step to learn and also worked like this library. only mention this to your note previous. :unamused: 8) :stuck_out_tongue: