K8055 and Stepper motor

how did you connect the stepper motor to the board. Im all new to this and need a little help.

Ive got a k8055 and Mini hybrid stepper motor size 11 (6 wires )

How do I now connect them to together and make the motor turn ?

My aim is to control the motor so I can make it turn 1 full rotation in 40ms each time I press “A” button .

Is this possible ?

What else do I require

I found this technical specification:
Step angle 1.8°
Holding torque 7N-cm
No. of leads 6
Phase current 0.95A
Phase resistance 3.4Ω
Phase inductance 1.6mH
Rotor inertia 12g-cm²
Detent torque 50g-cm
Insulation class B
Step accuracy Angular deviation is ±5% of one step
Weight 140g

If this is your stepper motor you can’t connect it directly to the K8055.
The maximum output current of the K8055 is 100mA.
You have to use relays.

You have to do a software which can output the required sequence to drive the stepper motor.
Please see these threads for some more info:

Please note: The K8055 output update interval is 10ms.

thank you for the reply.

Like I said Im really new to all thisthx again

can you suggest what components I require and I will buy them.

I would appreciate a simple drawing of what needs to go where etc cos Im driving blind here.

So by saying each step is 10ms , for the motor to complete 1 full rotation could take 360/1.8 * 10ms ?

You need six small relays.
Check the coil resistance. Should be high enough to keep the coil current below 100mA.
The contact rating must be high enough to drive the stepper motor.

Your calculation seems to be right: The full rotation takes 2 seconds to complete.

thx again

So I guess a stepper motor isnt the right tool fo the job then or is it the board I need upgrading regarding the speed ?

I need to rotate a “bolt” in a tube up to 30 rotation a second but each rotation to start and finish at the same point after rotation. If the user presses a button once it rotates once(full 360’ ) in +/-40ms. if they press the button 10 times per second it will rotate 10 times etc.

For demo purposes with the kit I have at the moment :
All I need to do is get 6 relays and place them where?
Does the motor wires connect to the Digital outputs contacts in order ?
Do I need to add extra power to the board to run the motor? if so where ?

Ive been looking for diagrams etc on the web to do this and cant find anything… need something like a dummies guide.

[quote]So I guess a stepper motor isnt the right tool fo the job then or is it the board I need upgrading regarding the speed ?[/quote]The K8061 card is faster: The output update interval is 2ms. Even this is too slow: One rotation takes 400ms to complete.

[quote]For demo purposes with the kit I have at the moment :
All I need to do is get 6 relays and place them where? [/quote]Please see manual p. 19 how to connect the relay.
In short:
Connect external power positive (+) pole to the CLAMP terminal of the K8055 board.
Connect external power negative (-) pole to the GND terminal of the K8055 board.
Connect the relay coils between the CLAMP terminal and digital outputs of the K8055 board.

[quote]Does the motor wires connect to the Digital outputs contacts in order ?[/quote]The motor wires will be connected to the relay contacts and to the external power.

[quote]Do I need to add extra power to the board to run the motor? if so where ?[/quote]Yes.

Excellent. Thank you for that.