Issue with print job

hi everyone. ive tried 2 test jobs of printing and each time it starts to print the base but instead of reprinting on that line or with in the item it moves to a whole new area and continues to print there. has anyone had that issue and how have you fixed it.

Can you please try to describe your problem a little more in detail?
Maybe put a video of it on youtube.

3d printer not working :frowning: youtu.be/S40Mp0jAro4

Hope someone can help thank you

[quote=“ariksu”]3d printer not working :frowning: youtu.be/S40Mp0jAro4

Hope someone can help thank you[/quote]

Weird!

Did you slice the object yourself?
If not, it might be the g-gode is “compiled” for a different printer.

If yes, do other objets work?
Does the printer move normally when controlled by manual control in repetier?

cheers,

Christian

yes i sliced it following the instructions given by manual. and using the manual control works fine. it just seems to act up only when i print :frowning: very upsetting…

Did you set all stepper driver modules to 0.55v?
If not, try that, to prevent the motors from loosing steps.

Maybe check your slic3r or cura engine settings (don’t know which you used)
If the correct g-code variant is set for the marlin firmware.

Also recheck your communication setting to be :

250000 baud
reset on connect:: disabled
transfer protocol: auto detect
receive buffer size: 63

cheers,

Christian

hey christian if you can can we talk more about this. im new to 3d printer world and need a hand. can you email me please and hopefully use skype call to go through it with me. hope thats ok thanks alex. ariksu82@gmail.com

New video Fail 3d print part 2: youtu.be/HrBQ5d5voEU

Hy, did you sand paper your heatbead as describe in installation guide ?

It said to do that only if something happened. Oily or something. But its new so figured i didnt need to

I think that something happend :wink: You should sandpaper the heat bead, you will see the difference.
If you dont want to do so, better use a glass or a mirror (I use lacque on a 215x215 glass cut in a brico store).

But what about the printer not staying over the printed item. It hust keeps moving down the board not staying in one spot

Ah ok, I thought that it was about stick.
Do you install the right Firmware and configuration files for repetier ?
Try this simple calibration test
thingiverse.com/thing:24238

I will thanks. Ill test it in the morning

I tried the calibrating test it did the same thing. It started fine stacking on itself and i got excited thinking it was just the file i was using but then it did the same thing…argh frustrating. Im losting a new youtube video ill link it once loaded

3d calibration test: youtu.be/C0A0sgRq0EE

wow, not good new.
Did U update your firmware with the V2 ? This version repair end stops bad movements ?
If yes, this problem is too hard for me, sorry :frowning:

Hi, I know the other guys have been helping, but here are a few thoughts.
The shift looks to be just in one axis, is that correct?
Have you set the stepper drivers to 0.55V (more than stated in the manual)?
Is the grub screw in the pulley tight?
Wierd one, do both pullies have the same number of teeth and do the teeth match the belt? It’s not easy to spot this one you will need to look very closely to see. The new Velleman printer uses GT2 pullies http://diamondage.co.nz/product/gt2-pulley/ the K8200 uses T5 pulleys http://www.nextdayreprap.co.uk/pulleys-timing-belts/ some have been shipped with just one incorrect pulley as the tooth pitch is much smaller the belt skips over the teeth.
Is the belt tight? It’s not easy to tension that axis with the stock parts but this works well youtube.com/watch?v=hgOsRUsS4VI

hey everyone i sorted out the problem found out the voltage was too low so i turned it up. now i also did a update on it but now the issue is the X axis. its not moving at all thoughts

Use a version of Arduino 1.0.6 or less to flash the firmware (new versions dont compile correctly).