Custom size mk3 heatbed

Gonna use a old photo from this thread to show this.

Look in the middle of the plate you see 2 solder Points. The termistor that is best to use is a 1206 type termistor in my case i use a Epcos NTC 100k and i have soldered it to them. If you look between the Connection Points at the bottom nr 2 and 3 you see two small Points there you put the Cable to the controller board. There is no + or - so dont matter how you connect the Cable for the termistor to the boards termistor Connection for heatbeds. When the termistor get hot by the board the resistance on the Component change and that is how the firmware get how hot it is. PS the firmware need to be changed the configure.h file need to understand that the sensor type is the right one in this case like for me i had to change it from a 5 to a 1 for the heatbed termistor type.

Hope this helps you. :slight_smile:

That perfectly answered my question. Thank you!

Just wanted to inform everyone that i have 4 left so if someone want one they are most welcome to send me a email on teddyhq at hotmail dot com

// Marlark

Just ordered a heatbed from Marlark. :slight_smile:

Do you print directly on the up side, og do you place de original glasplate on top?

I do it right on the up side. Atm i use blue painters tape. There is many solutions for this.

Hey do you still have one of those beds man. I have the mk3 but would like the custom size. I was going to order another bed to have handy but i would rather have this one. Do you have the thermal insulator by chance as well

I just ordered the 200x300mm thermal insulation at Reprap.me It cuts down to the size.

Yupp @mderuelle atm i have one left sins im putting one on the post tomorrow. Im considering if i should order 10 or more if there is interest out there for them?

// Marlark

well I would love tp order one. what do you just go through paypal and I send the cash you send the heatbed

Marlak

If you order another batch, please move the solder patch for the thermistor, so it is centered in the hole of the original bed.

I run on the original bed, with a 0,8mm gasket, and the original clips. I had to cut a piece of the aluminum of, so there was room for the thermistor. It could have been avoided if the solder tabs where moved 12mm further away from solder tabs for the connections.

Regards Tommy

Hi Marlak,
Did you get my mail?

Yupp Raby … saw and have replied :slight_smile:

Going to have a look at that Tommy :wink:

// Marlark

I have given up printing directly on the mk3 heatbed

I was not able to get a decent even surface. I have mounted it with original system, with a 0,8mm gasket as insulator/spacer underneath.

Prints went fine on 40-50% af the plate, but other places the distance was to little or to high.

The solution was to mount the original glass plate on top. So now my setup is:

1. Original aluminum bed (modified to make room for SMD thermistor)
  2. 2mm cork insulating pad. (2mm)
  3. MK3 custum heatbed (3,2mm)
  4. Original glassplate (4mm)

In total i got a 13mm heatbed

The original clips had to go, they were way to small.

I had to modify som bulldog clips, as there was not enough room for complete bulldog clips. I cut the front of them off, so i had to mount them with 2 pliers, a bit tricky. But doable.

Now the next problen was the bed height, the standart 2 fingerscrew system was too high. I took away the 3 top finger screw, and added 3 springs instead.

Voliá… Heat bed with a smooth surface.

Regards Tommy

Hi Marlark,

the heatbed arrived yesterday. Now i have to order the other parts to build it up.

thank you

Stiffy

Eek that took a while Stiffy considering it was sent a while ago.

// Marlark

Yes , the German post was on strike for about 4 weeks.
It was really hell because I was waiting for exam results … and the Heatbed.
Now everything is all right . I’ll show you my remodeling once it’s done .

have a nice day

Stiffy

Oh ya i forgot about that. 4 weeks was a long one. Thought they had that solved a while back but apparently not.

// Marlark

Hello,

Is there still one custom made MK3 heated bed for Vertex K8400 available?

Xest1000

Hi Marlark (or someone else),

I read all the stuff on this forum about the heated bed so I can order the parts and assemble it. I do have your heatbed already, thinking it would be an easy job. Unfortunately I don’t understand anything about electronics. The posts about this are not clear enough for me and I am afraid to solder something wrong and ruin my printer.

Is there any chance you make an instruction for dummy’s? With a list of the right parts and replacing the power supply?
I would be very, very grateful.