Controlling R/C Car with K8055

Hello All,

I’m new to this forum, but am glad to see that there are people to help me! :slight_smile:

A while ago I bought a R/C car from a local thrift store for $5. I then bought a battery for it, and tested the motor’s functionality. Everything on the R/C car is working great.

The best part about the car is it has a Realtek RX2/TX2 chip motor controller, which means I can send small amounts of voltage directly to the appropriate pins, and control the motors for the R/C car for the functions: Forward,Backward,Left,Right.

What I have done is soldered wires directly to the associated pins on the RX2/TX2 controller. When I use a AA (1.5V) battery, and connect the associat works ced pin to the GND of the controller, the car’s functionorrectly.

I have a K8055 Experiential card. What I’d like to do is control the car functions from the 4 of the 8 digital outputs for the functions mentioned above. To do this, I’ve read that I need to provide an external power source to the 4 of the 8 digital outputs. Since I know a single AA battery is enough voltage to fire the function on the R/C board, I want to use this as an external power source.

My question is. How would I wire this? I need to somehow have the battery be an external power source, and then make it when I set the digital output’s 1-4 to on, it sends the power through the battery and send the voltage to each cable wired to the R/C car.

Thanks in advance for your help!

-CoffeeKid

Is what I’m trying to do possible? If there’s a different or better way to do it, I’d be happy to try it. Basically what I’m trying to do is make the 8 digital ports on the K8055 when turned on send 1.5v-5.0v to another device.

Thanks,
Kirk

You can get the K8055 to send voltage out from the digital ports by doing following:
Connect the minus pole of your external voltage source to the GND terminal of the K8055.
Connect a pull-up resistor between the positive pole of you external voltage source and the digital output of the K8055.
Connect the input of your external device to the digital output of the K8055 and the GND of the external device to the GND of the K8055.
See also: