Z stopped homing and printing before hotend is warmed up

Hi.

From last night I have 2 new problems that I haven’t had before.

The first one is that Z homing is not working any more. When I press Z home button in Repetier host it moves up but not down. Tried firmware reflash but it’s not helping. What could it be, micro switch or something else?

The second problem is that before I got the first one, printer would start print job before hot end is warmed up. So bed gets warm, it does home all axis and then it starts printing directly, while in log window I got lot of messages “Cold extrusion stopped”.

[quote=“kulla”]The first one is that Z homing is not working any more. When I press Z home button in Repetier host it moves up but not down. Tried firmware reflash but it’s not helping. What could it be, micro switch or something else?[/quote]This could be the Z endstop that has developed a bad contact. If the Z endstop says the bed has reaches the end, then the Z won’t move further down.

[quote]The second problem is that before I got the first one, printer would start print job before hot end is warmed up. So bed gets warm, it does home all axis and then it starts printing directly, while in log window I got lot of messages “Cold extrusion stopped”.[/quote]Did you create your own GCode? Normal GCode waits for the hotend to be hot before starting the print.

[quote=“VEL448”][quote=“kulla”]The first one is that Z homing is not working any more. When I press Z home button in Repetier host it moves up but not down. Tried firmware reflash but it’s not helping. What could it be, micro switch or something else?[/quote]This could be the Z endstop that has developed a bad contact. If the Z endstop says the bed has reaches the end, then the Z won’t move further down.

G-code has been created by Slic3r, so I don’t know why it fails although I have one idea what to check in manual G-code, I have changed actually that it reads the temperature given in slic3r instead of 190 that was hardcoded as G value.

I will check Z-stop latter, it might be that it is broken in some way.

Tnx VEL448

I have checked G-code and it was me that did error, I changed G109 to G104 which doesn’t wait for hotend to get warm enough.

Z-stop is working fine now, I checked the contacts and everything seems fine, so I will have to keep an eye on it.

Useful command is G119 which return status of all stops on the printer.