XY stepper motors not moving anymore

Dear forum,

I am still quite a 3D printing newbie. I finished my Vertex K8400 about a week ago and wanted to test it. Motors moved, filament was loaded and slicer software was installed.

For my first test print, I tried the example vertex logo as provided in the demo files. It started to print more or less in an acceptable way, but after a while the form was not really recognizable. I aborted the print and tried to disable motors to be able to remove the ruined print output.

However, from that moment, the x and y stepper do not move anymore. I am still able to move both x and y by hand.

Auto home only moves the z axis, x and y no longer move (motors still vibrate one after the other).

I also tried to reflash the software (is it still in “disabled motors”?).

I am now suspecting the screws of the motors got loose? I refer to the image from during the assembling of the kit:

If that is the case, I guess I have to unmount them again to be able to fix them again.

Or is there something more obvious I missed? Or could the motors or something else be ruined during my first inexperienced testing?

Thanks in advance

You should also look at this link.
http://www.k8xxx-3dprinters.crimed.be/w/index.php?title=XY-Carriage_Alignment

Seems indeed that the screws got loose again. Tried that again twice and got loose again twice. Now just read the alignment suggestion, for which I am grateful and will implement that tomorrow.

Hope that helps.
If not let us know and we can try something else.

Actually you don’t have to pull the motor out.
It’s a hassle but you can get an get a wrench in the pulleys for the for the X and Y axis

I had this problem, and this fixed it!

Thank you so much!