Wiring Issue

Hi there,

I have been closely following the instructions, and have reached the point where I test the motors using Repetier.

I have a successful connection to the printer from my computer, but when I try to make the first test and move the Z motor +10mm, I get an error message saying:

Printer stopped due to errors. Fix the error and use M999 to restart. (Temperature is reset. Set it after restarting)

The instructions say “If the Z AXIS does not move or moves in the opposite direction you wired something wrong. Find and correct the fault before continuing.”

What is the best way to find the fault?
Could the fault have been caused by touching part of the Control Board with the positive multimeter lead?

Also, there are two little lights on the Control Board next to the USB port. The one closest to the USB port is flashing red. Is this related to the problem I am having?

I am also reading 0 degrees from the extruder.

Thanks for any help you can give! :slight_smile:

When the temperature is reported as 0, it is most likely a short between one of the thermistor wires and the extruder.
Try loosening the M3 capscrew which secures the wires and jiggle them a bit and see if the temperature comes right.

Wally

Actually 0C means an open.
Power off the printer unplug therm 1 and measure the plug not the board.
At room temp it should be 100K.

The error you are seeing is because of 0C at the extruder.

Thanks for the replies! I’ll try out your suggestions…

We found the fault in the extruder and now everything works fine!

Thank you so much for your help :slight_smile:

Glad to hear your printing.

Enjoy!!