Wiper interval kit not working

My name is Alfred, last year I got the P2599 wiper kit as a gift from my son to use it for the wiper of my motorboat.
I assembled the kit which was easy, bought a new wiper motor and tried the wiper interval kit in practice.

However, after a few minutes of operation the relay stopped operating, the contacts probably fused together, and the wiper motor worked continuously, without intervals. I tried the other relay with the same result, relay contacts fused together.

Technical data of the wiper motor:
Vetus ORW 12Volt, 1,3 Ampere (so the current is not really high!)

What is the solution? Anyhow, I need another relay, with a higher rating? Or the same rating but use a capacitor parallel to the motor? What type/value should the capacitor be?

Please advice.

Alfred van Herk

Although the average current of the motor is quite low, the initial current of the motor can be very high and most likely causes the relay to burn-in.
In such cases, the use of an automotive 20 or even 30 amp relay is recommended.

I installed this kit on my car it has worked, but keeping the car stopped and idling this no longer works which may be the cause

We provide guarantee to pass spanishprograms.com gmat with online exam training spanishprograms - spanish classes itil and you can also get best quality rosettastone mcat along with The Polyglot Club mcat for your guaranteed success.

This is a very strange problem.
Sorry, we do not have any experience with this.
So basically you are saying that it works while driving but not when the engine is idling?
What if you step on the throttle when the car is not moving, does it work then?
It looks like a voltage-related issue.