Wiper Delay kit K2599

Hi,

just built the kit and when testing with no wires connected to the wiper switch or motor I switch the unit on and the relay clicks and then the LED comes on and stays on. If I move the switch to the other positions the same thing happens. I have change the diode just in case that was faulty, I have check the polarity of the capacity. Any ideas as electronics is not my best subject.

Mark

Most likely an assembly problem.
If you can provide LINKS to HI-RES and SHARP pics of your assembly (both SOLDER and COMPONENT side), we can take a look and maybe provide some feedback.

dropbox.com/sh/56qre29nzjp0 … YG6ga?dl=0

try this

Most likely, your assembly is suffering from crosstalk and/or interference because you have removed the switch from the board and put it in a remote location using wires.
First, try the kit as per manual instructions, i.e. with the switch on the board. Next, you can try to put the switch in a remote location, but keep in mind that the circuit was not designed to do this.
You could use e.g. shielded wires for each pin and connect each shield to the GND of the circuit. Try to keep the distance between the switch and the board as small as possible. Install the circuit away from intereference sources such as ignition systems, receivers, regulators, on-board electronics, etc…

OK will try switch on board not on leads - it was the normal switch just on a lead so I can fit it in the location I want. I tried it away from the car just on a 12 volt supply no interference from anything car related.

Will let you know once I have soldered it on.

thanks

Mark

it now works with the switch directly on the board. What is the best way to have it remote, as the relays get in the way of mounting it directly to the car dash.

Mark

You could use e.g. shielded wires for each pin and connect each shield to the GND of the circuit. Try to keep the distance between the switch and the board as small as possible. Install the circuit away from intereference sources such as ignition systems, receivers, regulators, on-board electronics, etc…