Win7-64 bit DIGITALLY SIGNED drv ..Our Syspolicy req it!

Hi all

We have been running 21 of the PCGU1000 function generators for approx 12months in our lab on WinXP(yes, we had a lot of equip that needed upgrade hence stayed WinXP as long as possible in our lab!!) …until support no longer supported and our IT dept upgraded us to Win7-64 bit Global Client.

I followed the .PDF file sent to me my Scott, and also the instructions on the website for setup with Win7-64bit. I can get all the way thru until “windows can’t verify the publisher of this driver”…we don’t have the option to “install anyway”…

I spoke to our IT people and our Windows 7-64 “user system policies” in the windows setup are locked to not allow non-digitally signed drivers, and even with Level0100 admin rights on my machine, i cannot overide the non-digitally signed driver blockout.

I can install software as admin, etc, but cannot change this policy block, and our IT corporate policy WILL NOT allow us to have this removed, as our PC’s have to log onto the corporate network.
PC’s are Panasonic Toughbook CF31. Software ran fine on same machine on WinXp-32. All our other test software (Hioki/Tektronix, agilent, and Picoscope, Bitscope stuff) has transitioned fine.

WE CURRENTLY HAVE 21 OF THESE UNITS CURRENTLY USELESS UNTIL THERE IS A FIX FOR DIGITIALLY SIGNED DRIVER. We use these units (normally) almost daily to simulate vehicle sensor signals using the arbitrary waveform editor. They are (were) a very useful and highly regarded tool in our team of 50, but at the moment we have 21 paperweights.

PLEASE ASSIST ASAP IN PROVIDING A SOLUTION TO THIS PROBLEM! I imagine Win8/8.1 in corporate environment would have same issue if overide to unsigned driver is locked out with system policy settings in Windows??

Tyrone

Sorry, at this time we do not have the means to provide signed drivers for this product.

So what is the workaroud?

These were bought in good faith and now we have ~$5000 in paperweights!!!

Not Happy, Velleman

What is the timeline in the future to effect a fix??

The workaround is to disable the driver signature enforcement.

Please see this thread for more details about the workaround: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=8641