Win32 error

hi guys,

Yes, you understand it perfectly, I have other issues with CAD but it’s been taking care by another person.

I’m just focused in the K8200 issues, I have to make it work… ASAP

A very nice suggestion, that I will consider it using…

My version of OpenGL is 1.4.0, which means it’s a little bit below the recommended

I’ve searched the entire forum and I notice this…

the bearing rods of Y axis are about 1mm apart from the opposite side, which means 113.1 mm and 114.2 mm in the other end, I loosen only one bolt and just a like bit and the trembling reduces and now it runs more smoothly…

I verified the tension of the motors and it looks fine…

I also read somewhere in the forum that no cables can pass next to the controller board, is that correct???

I notice the board heat up a little so I will install an additional fan over the board

And I was right blaming the software, or the missing of proper software, the computer was just too weak and didn’t had what it needs. It was missing MS .NET Framework and MS Visual C++. It has low RAM (1.5Gb) and very low graphic card memory (256Mb). So it didn’t had only one cause, it was multiple causes, that why multiple problems.

Now the Win32 error is solved, the shaking problem is solved, i also set limits to speed to 50 and vibrations to 10, the skipping steps is solved but now I have again an old “buddy” error, the brown out reset. I will try to put a picture of the the results to help to answer.

I’m also waiting for a better computer, so if the stops are solved in the next weak I will be glad to post it

Best regards
Frederico

hi guys,

so I’m not going to ask if you guys have facebook, I suppose everybody has…

so here are the pictures with the problems I reported

1st - Skipping layers

facebook.com/photo.php?fbid … =3&theater

Less skipping layers

Solution:
Speeds all at 50
Vibration at 10

2nd - Brown Out Reset “the old buddy”

Improvements:
All cable and wires as far away as possible from the controller board

Last result:

The mission:

I hope some one can give me a help with this

Best regards
Frederico

Hi,

Is the voltage from your house dipping a little?
Do you have the printer plugged into a surge protector or UPS?
If so try plugging it straight in to the wall.
Is the plug going into the power supply from the wall tight? (I know dumb question but you should check it)
Have you checked the voltage coming from the power supply?

Hi guys,

unfortunately, my problem is still not solved, it still doesn’t work, I hope you can understand how much frustrated I am. I’m an electrical engineer and I can’t make it to work properly.

1st - the stepper motor are set to around 0,55V, and the vibrations limits are set to 10Hz, so the skipping steps are solved, thank you everyone for that.

2nd - I have my printer plugged straight into the wall, and the voltage on my printer goes around 14,5 and 15,5V, the problem is that it is not stable, not even a little and the current does not go above 0,75A, even when all the motors are running, is that supposed to be??? I read something about the current needed being at least 3,5V, if this is the case there is something very wrong with my PSU.

[quote=“Wrong Way”](I know dumb question but you should check it)[/quote]Wrong Way don’t mind about dumb questions, really dumb is the fact that I haven’t made a decent print in a month.

Best Regards
Fred

Hi everyone,

Just passing by to leave the picture of the last attempt to print something with the K8200.

Best regards
Fred

Something is obviously wrong with the Y-axis endstop switch. Check all of its wiring for loose or bad contacts.

Hi

[quote=VEL448][/quote]

Are you sure of that??? Because it works fine in manual control!!!

How can it be electrical and work in manual control and not when printing???

But I’ll check the wiring anyway.

Best Regards
Fred

Also, your power supply is defective, please order a replacement under warranty from the shop where you bought the printer (or connect it to a lab power supply if you have one, for a quick fix).

^ fix this first and then see if you still have other problems

Hi Frederico,

I agree with VEL448, the log entries are a sure sign that there’s something wrong. The endstops work in a kind of failsafe mode, they are switched on as default and the connection is broken when the endstop is triggered. Thus any broken cable, bad contact at the connector or such is “detected” and logged the same way as if the endstop is being hit.

If there is for example a problem in the part of the ribbon cable that connects the X carriage, you might be able to move the Y motor for testing and not see the error, because it only occurs during X movements. That’s of course just an example; as an electrical engineer, you probably know your share of similar errors, so you should have no problem identifying possible locations.

Cheers,
kuraasu