Whole during printing

Hello !

I’m a beginner in 3D printing. I’ve just finish to assemble my printer. I had some problem with the x y carriage alignment so i follow this tutorial :

http://www.k8xxx-3dprinters.crimed.be/w/index.php?title=XY-Carriage_Alignment/fr

Now when I print, some layer doesn’t drop off and create holes in my object like this :

I tried to change the temperature of the printer from 200 to 190 and to 190 to 210 but it just get worst :

I’m not using velleman wire and I don’t know if the size of the bobbin who doesn’t fit the bobbin shelf create a feeding problem for my extruder :

Thank’s for any help.

Kenza

@kenza

I had similar issues while printing with a new extruder last week (smaller nozzle). Also then, temperature changing did not make a difference.
I reduced the print speed by a factor of two, and now I get perfect prints.
My theory is that when you try to print to fast, the extruder simply cannot heat up the required volume, causing this types of prints.

1 Like

Hello again! We changed the priting speed on repetier software directly during the printing from 100% to 50%. Sadly, it didn’t fix the problem. We always have the problem of a lack of a middle layer even if we tried to clean the z axis :

Is the filament getting bound up or twisted during the print job? Is the spool of filament able to easily turn?

What kind of material are you using? That almost looks like ABS, which would want a higher extruder temperature in the 220 - 250 range. PLA should be extruded at 190 - 210.

When it creates the empty layers, is it taking the time to print into dead space, or is the Z axis moving erratically?