Where can you buy these pulleys?

Does anyone know where to buy these pulleys in size T2,5 19T 8mm?

In my opinion: nowhere… Only the miserable, expensive original Velleman pulley’s are for sale.
This pulley’s (picture) are GT2 20 and I am glad I did this hack some time ago. Never had any problems since then.

[quote=“svdv”]In my opinion: nowhere… Only the miserable, expensive original Velleman pulley’s are for sale.
This pulley’s (picture) are GT2 20 and I am glad I did this hack some time ago. Never had any problems since then.[/quote]

Thanks for your reply, I really appreciate…

And where can I buy this GT2 20T (Pitch: 2mm or Pitch: 2.5mm) ?
And can you keep using the original belts?
And what settings do you need to change to print in the right size with these pulleys?

Can I also post in Dutch here ?
because that makes it a lot easier for me :slight_smile:

Hi EJS,

[quote]And where can I buy this GT2 20T (Pitch: 2mm or Pitch: 2.5mm) ?
And can you keep using the original belts?
And what settings do you need to change to print in the right size with these pulleys?
Can I also post in Dutch here ? [/quote]
I bought the whole set in France, see this https://www.dropbox.com/s/b3ogpf5esyd1vwt/facture-imp3d.pdf?dl=0.
You can’t keep the original belts, it’s 20 teeth, and the long belts are open.
The instruction with all details (from Logmett) can be found here: thingiverse.com/thing:1857266
This is an English forum so everyone can learn something from each other.

Good luck

Just get an email that I found a company that can make the pulleys looks like the GT2-20, but in size T2.5 - 19 Tooth - 8mm drill - 2x M4 grubscrew holes. Now the question is what they are going to cost (I’m waiting for reply).
When this becomes too expensive, I’m going to look for the GT2-20 because the original pulleys are really bad, I do not understand that Velleman have chosen for this pulleys…

Edite: Unfortunately, that is getting too expensive, this is the manufacturer’s response:

20 pcs. AL16T2.5/19-2 3 PART PRESS TOGETHER with 8mm BORE + 2 x M4 G/S @ £14.58 GBP each. Delivery : 7 working weeks
Terms : Payment with order. Shipping : not included. VAT is chargeable if you do not have a valid EU VAT number.

Update:

I found a factory that indicate that they can make these pulleys (in the size and as model in this picture) for about 2,50 dollars per pieces (minimum order 10 pieces and excl. shipping cost).

I have ordered 10 pieces

They are exactly the same as the Velleman pulleys, only now with 6mm (instead of 2mm) wall thickness where the screw holes are located.

When I have received them (This may take a while, because they are made upon request) and it is correct size, then I tell you where you can order them.

to be continued…

Hey,
a while ago I tried also to produce better T2,5 pulleys, but in the end it was to expensive and so I changed my driving belt system to GT2.

You should by all the GT2 supply in China, everything together has cost about 20€

viewtopic.php?f=64&t=18231

Thank you for your response, and I’ve already seen that topic, but I would like to replace only the bad pulles for better quality. And keep the rest (closed time belts and firmware) as it is now

The pulleys are ready and on the way from the other side of the globe :slight_smile: