WFS210 destroyed while trying to update firmware

Hi

I’ve got a WFS210 and the scope was quite unusable (mostly hangs all the time, only with luck I could connect to the scope sometimes). So I decided to upgrade the firmware as in your post:

manuals.velleman.eu/article.php?id=576

However the PCB already died when I pulled it out of the case… I carefully inserted a small screw driver as you show in your pictures and pulled out the PCB, however the PCB does not lit the LEDs anymore when I try to switch it on. You have to push the power switch to pull the PCB out, otherwise it will not come out. I assume at this moment something happened.

I did not arrive at connecting the PICkit3.

The charge LEDs go on when I connect the PCB to USB charger, however, the WLAN LED will stay off, whether or not I press the power switch. Seems it is dead?

I was grounded btw.

Velleman… are you really serious??? Besides the bad update procedure (I had to borrow a Pickit, coz I have only an AVRUSB), this device was really unusable… and if the PCB is that sensible you should NEVER tell the users to pull the PCB out on his own and update the firmware. You are dumping crap at us!

Here the image how it looks like:

I had inserted the screwdriver approx in the middle of the PCB under the power button (to push the cover over the button), I do not see that there is something one can short on the PCB?

Velleman: any idea?! It will cost me more than the price of the unit to ship it to you from South America!

Velleman no help at all? Can I check the PCB (voltage regulator, test points?) before sending it back to you?
Any help? Any hints?