Weird temerature heating problem

Hello,

I have some weird heating problems with my vertex printer…

My printer wont start printing anymore because he cannot reach the required temp somehow.
He heats up with no problems, but the temp is always hanging between 1-3°C under the min temp of 230°C.
And when i increase the temp to lets say 245°C for ABS , he gets easily pas the 230°c and stops 1-3°C under the 245 temp.

I don’t know what to do now , I changed the temp sensor of my extruder and changed the firmware to newer.

Dear uziepower

you wrote that your printer won’t start anymore, which means, that it was working before. So something must have changed.

From the internal software the printer is heating up with full power until he reaches a temperature, which is 15°C lower than the target temperature. Then the internal temperature control is activated. For the K8400 the default mechanism for temperature control is a PID controller. The described behavior can be achieved with wrong PID parameters. If the P fraction is dominating, then you will never reach the target temperature, if the value is too high.

You mentioned a newer firmware, which you installed without improvement. Which firmware is it?

However, try to load the failsave condition and store it into eprom using the LCD menu. There should be default values for the P,I and D coefficients.

If this doesn’t help, try to run the auto-tune routine to find a new set of PID parameters more suitable for your hardware (GCODE M303). This gives you an indication for some better settings, but you should take them as a starting point for further manual optimisation, since I experienced, that the whole PID control in the firmware is not that reliable as it should be (for my expectations).

hello hoh61,

Its working again, thanks !
I think loading the failsafe mode and store it into memory did the trick i guess.

I also re-downloaded the firmware and flashed the rom again, to be sure.
I’m running the vertex-m1-v1.4-h2 firmware now.

thanks for the help.