VR 408 energy big problem

Hi all,

I bought a VR 408 two weeks ago, the assembly with my kids was great, but the first tests…very disappointing. The robot seems to have not enough energy to move on his own. So I bought new, expensive batteries (duracell). But even with these fresh and top quality batteries, our VR408 can’t move a leg without being plug with the USB wire on a computer (to provide energy). Do you have any solution, please? Should I send my Allbot to your post sales department?

Simatt

[quote=“Simatt”]Hi all,

I bought a VR 408 two weeks ago, the assembly with my kids was great, but the first tests…very disappointing. The robot seems to have not enough energy to move on his own. So I bought new, expensive batteries (duracell). But even with these fresh and top quality batteries, our VR408 can’t move a leg without being plug with the USB wire on a computer (to provide energy). Do you have any solution, please? Should I send my Allbot to your post sales department?

Simatt[/quote]

Strange, I thought power for Servo was only drawn from battery pack (which itself can be powered by batteries or 5V wire).

Hi again

to be more precise, here is what happens when I use my VR 408 on battery and without USB wire: Our robot is working fine when I hold it in my hand, but as soon as I put it on the floor, it begins to bug. It seems that it doesn’t have enough energy to stand up and it seems to try to restart again and again without any success. But if I plug the USB, it starts to move correctly.

But of course, I don’t want to keep my robot on a lead. It’s very disappointing, especially for my sons who are discovering Arduino with this device. Could you help me please?

Simatt

Crazy question but I will ask anyway.
Have you tried fresh batteries?

[quote=“Simatt”]Hi again

to be more precise, here is what happens when I use my VR 408 on battery and without USB wire: Our robot is working fine when I hold it in my hand, but as soon as I put it on the floor, it begins to bug. It seems that it doesn’t have enough energy to stand up and it seems to try to restart again and again without any success. But if I plug the USB, it starts to move correctly.

But of course, I don’t want to keep my robot on a lead. It’s very disappointing, especially for my sons who are discovering Arduino with this device. Could you help me please?

Simatt[/quote]

Sounds similar to this problem: http://forum.velleman.eu/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=18106

My batteries have a powercheck tester, so I’m sure they are full. I agree with Tobias V, my problem sounds similar as

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=18106

I had read this post before I sent my question, that’s why I’ve bought Duracell batteries (I had tried with other AA batteries first). But my robot is still too weak to stand up on the floor.

Simatt

[quote=“Simatt”]My batteries have a powercheck tester, so I’m sure they are full. I agree with Tobias V, my problem sounds similar as

viewtopic.php?f=71&t=18106

I had read this post before I sent my question, that’s why I’ve bought Duracell batteries (I had tried with other AA batteries first). But my robot is still too weak to stand up on the floor.

Simatt[/quote]

There is another topic which claimed Duracell batteries might not suffice either.
http://forum.velleman.eu/viewtopic.php?f=71&t=17960&hilit=duracell

I’ll check another kind/brand of batteries. Do you know which ones I should try?

I let you know if my test with other batteries have results.

Simatt

Good news: I’ve tried rechargeable batteries (with a low current 1900 mA) and my robot runs as a spider. Thank you for your help, and definitively, forget the Duracell batteries for your Allbot.

All the best,

Simatt

We are releasing a more powerful li-ion battery shield shortly!

Will it support on device charging?

Note: I’m using GP 2600mAh rechargeable batteries, they work fine.

Hi,

You should try another kind of batteries. I had exactly the same problem with Duracell batteries. I can’t say what are the good specifications, you should try different brand or amperage.

Simatt