Voice Changer MK171 Mic Question

I have the voice changer kit but would like to replace the PCB mount microphone with a handheld microphone. So I soldered 2 leads to the Mic input and connected an 1/8" jack. What type of microphone can I use for the 1/8" jack input? Thanks.

The microphone that comes with the MK171 is an electret microcel.
You can find more information in the link below.

This microphone require 4.5 volts for proper operation.
Using a dynamic microphone would require modifications to the kit.

Hope this helps.

Though not ideal, you can simply omit R6 and use a normal microphone.