VM8095 No MP3 Unit Turn Off, Replace

Hello,
i got yesterday my first VM8095 from a german distributor.
After switching on i got the message on Top. First i thought it was the format on my 8GB Sd Card so i changed the resolution of my MP3 files and also i gave Directories like the description in the manual A-E. But everything without success. Then i read in a Forum the there has to be a MP3 encoder or something on J6 close to the DSP. But in my case this is a Empty 5 Pin Slot. But i never saw this on any picture or that it is an accessory. Finally i wanted to test the SD Card in using another ( On from my TomTom GPS ) And the Display shows Hello 8095 Rev1.11.31 and the Velleman MP3 Player but of course there are no mp3 files on that SD Card. So I formated the other card anew, copied some mp3 files on it but also without success.
Can Somebody please help me on this issue?

[quote]Then i read in a Forum the there has to be a MP3 encoder or something on J6 close to the DSP. But in my case this is a Empty 5 Pin Slot. But i never saw this on any picture or that it is an accessory.[/quote]There is no need to add any external encoder to the VM8095. Everything is on the board.

[quote]So I formated the other card anew, copied some mp3 files on it but also without success.[/quote]This SD card may be defective. Please try other card.

Then please do following:
Put some MP3 files in the root folder of the SD card
Put the SD card into the player
Turn the player power on

You should now see on the LCD:
“Hello 8095 Rev 1.11.31” and then “Velleman MP3 Player”

Now press the Play button SW1 and the player should start playing the MP3 files from the SD card’s root folder

Hello Vel255,
i used another SD Card of the same type (Palatinium 4GB) also without success. The i used a Sandisc 256MB and it works directly as you woted. Maybe The Palatinium are too slow or something.
Many Thaks for your great help.