VM8095 details about triggering

Hi, I am considering using your MP3 Player Boards VM8095 in display cabinets like are used at trade fairs. I would like to know if the remote buttons can be programmed for my specific requirement below. I have read through your user manual and Spec sheet and it is not clear if it will function as I need it to. Your assistance would be greatly appreciated.

I will have 2 remote buttons wired into you’re A and B input connections. I’ll call the buttons RED button and GREEN button. I will have 2 files only on the SD card. I will put these will be in 2 separate folders. They will be 15 – 30 second voice only messages. I’ll call these RED message and GREEN message.

Will it function like this?

1, press RED button – The RED message will start to play from the beginning. If no further action or buttons pressed the file will play to the end and STOP. (ie the RED message will not repeat and there will just be silence.)

2, press GREEN button – The GREEN message will start to play from the beginning. If no further action or buttons pressed the file will play to the end and STOP. (ie the GREEN message will not repeat and there will just be silence.)

3, press the RED button – The RED message will start to play from the beginning. THEN while the RED message is still playing, press the GREEN button. The RED message will be stopped and the GREEN message will start to play from the beginning.

4, press the GREEN button – The GREEN message will start to play from the beginning. THEN while the GREEN message is still playing, press the RED button. The GREEN message will be stopped and the RED message will start to play from the beginning.

5, press the RED button – The RED message will start to play from the beginning. THEN while the RED message is still playing, press the RED button again. The RED message will start to play again from the BEGINNING.

6, press the GREEN button – The GREEN message will start to play from the beginning. THEN while the GREEN message is still playing, press the GREEN button again. The GREEN message will start to play again from the BEGINNING.

Thanks in advance for your assistance

I’m glad to inform you that the remote buttons of the VM8095 work exactly according to your requirements.

Hi,
Continuing about previous question and answer regarding “triggering”: the external buttoms could be contacts of relay or outputs of programmed microprocessor ?
Many thanks in advance for your help.
B. DELHOMME

[quote]the external buttoms could be contacts of relay or outputs of programmed microprocessor ?[/quote]The external buttons are connected in parallel with the buttons on the board.
There can be used button switches, relay contacts or NPN transistors to make the connection.
Using outputs of microprocessor is slightly problematic: If the button on the board is pressed, it short circuits the microprocessor output to ground.