VM211 info missing about supported sd-card

1. The type of micro-sd-card supported is missing from the product info web page and the datasheet. Nor can I find it on the VMA101 that is built-in into the VM211 (looking at the pictures).

Is it:

• SD max 2GB
  • SDHC max 32Gb
  • SDXC max 2TB

Suppose that SDXC is over the top, who wants 2TB of logging?

1. Related: there is no indication how to manage the sd-card in the manual.
    I assume that taking out the sd-card requires a power-off of the earth listener.

VM211 was tested with 2GB, 4GB, 8GB and 32GB microSD HC cards. Cards should be formatted in FAT32 file system. We do not recommend more that 8GB because that would take years and years to fill and is just a waste of data storage.

Thank you.
Now I can order my card :wink:

And is there a description of how to use the data on the card?
My second related question: do I need to power-down the VM211 and partly disassemble the box to use the data on the sd-card?

I would not mind opening a separate item if that is better for clartity on the forum.

And is there a description of how to use the data on the card?

Just insert the SD card and reboot the VM211

My second related question: do I need to power-down the VM211 and partly disassemble the box to use the data on the sd-card?
You can retrieve the SD card without opening the case, you can use the pen that is supplied with module.
Best Regards
VEL337

So power-off use the logging and re-boot.

Thank you. :+1:

In addition to the previous answer:

When you (re)boot the EarthListener, it will check if an SD card is present. If there is one, we look if the logfile exists or not (in the last case the file is being created). If no SD card is present, logging will not start. Therefore you are always required to power cycle is you add and SD card.

Kind regards,
VEL342