VM205 - ok on a Pi2 or stick to original Pi B?

Hi, I’ve just received my VM205 and was wondering about the best Pi to put it on - I’ve got a couple of original Bs that are no longer being used for anything, but I’ve also got a Pi2 which is ‘spare’ as a Pi3 has arrived too.

I presume the trick would be to put it on the Pi2 (the little nylon standing posts don’t really work on the Pi2 but I can find a way to secure it no problem). Is the software ready for the Pi2? Is there anything I need to do with a Pi2 to get the VM205 to work?

Will running the VM205 on a Pi2 be noticeably better than running it on an original Pi B? Given that I’ve got some Bs spare, it’s a good use for them unless the Pi2 would give me faster performance or whatever.

Thanks!

[quote]Is the software ready for the Pi2?[/quote]Yes, it is.

[quote]Is there anything I need to do with a Pi2 to get the VM205 to work?[/quote]You should do the same operations as for Pi B (enable SPI).
For more info please see User manual: velleman.eu/downloads/0/usermanual_vm205.pdf

[quote]Will running the VM205 on a Pi2 be noticeably better than running it on an original Pi B?[/quote]Yes, the operation on Pi2 is faster.

brilliant, thanks for the reply. I’ll stick this baby on a Pi2 then. Thanks!