VM204 strange behavior with the router

Hi, Iam new here, but longtime user of the velleman products/gadgets.

But after the purchase of the vm204 something weirds happened.

First I’ve updated the unit to Firmw 1.1, after that I’ve booted it up and connected it to the router, then using the search software of velleman to find the board and it was working flawless.
everthing worked. from the pc and also the tabled based on android.
But the weirdness came from my router, (Huawei) this unit isn’t accepting the vm204, and keeps giving me problems.
it continuously breaks up the internet connection (dsl) and I cant seem to find the error.
I’ve tried different settings in the router aswel on the vm204 from dhcp to fixed ip, differend port numbers, portforwarding in the router, etc etc etc,.
it looks like some sort of ip-conflict or something, if the vm204 is connected the internet connection breaks and I need to unplug the router from the wallsocket in order to make the internet working again.

so again, the vm204 is working fine and everything works.
I think iam overlooking something and was hoping here on this forum for an answer, in which direction I can search.
The router I use is an Huawei HG655d

Thanks in advance.
Danny

This is really strange behavior.
To be sure set DHCP on in the settings of the VM204.
That way the VM204 will always receive an IP from the router.
Could you tell what the IP of the VM204 is?
Should be visible at the settings section or via scanning the card.

How long are you using the router?

Goodmorning…
The behavior was the same with ore without fixed ip , ore dchp checked on.

The ip adres it revieced, was .069 at the end. But also when making an static ip it did the same.

the router is approx 4years old, has the latest firmware on it.

this is the first time i encounter something like this, I also did some pre-configuration for cctv cams on it as wel, but there is nothing left of that type of config in the router. I’ve deleted it al.
Even after this I factory reset the router to make sure I was starting fresh B-)

Greets.

Maybe it’s connected to a wrong port into the router.

correct, ive changed that one also, started ad the standard (velleman pre-programmed) 80, than the 8080, and then a couple of them more… stil the same.

thanks in advance for the help.

I mean the physical port. Maybe dedicated for TV/Telephony

Dont see the problem there, got 4 of them, and the same on 1/3/4, didn’t try port 2, B-)

okeeeeeeeee.,.,.,.,.,., just excellent this.,.,.,. really don’t now what happened here, I think this is an case of the wonders of networking…
after a lot of resetting and a bit of sweat on my forehead for an explanation… it al works, even my router is a happy router…
I did reset this thing for 4 times, dhcp on.,.,.,. off.,.,.,…, static.,.,.,., ports.,.,.,.,., nothing.,.,.,.still nothing.,.,.,., and then like out of the blue it works in harmony :slight_smile: and I have full access to control and program how I like it to work,

Anyway, I cant explain what caused this, it had al the symptom’s of an ip conflict, but I was unable to spot it (a bit experience I have) because all the settings where correct, and by the time I’ve ask the question checked it 5 times or so.

So thanks for the time. and welwillingness.

Greets Danny

Great to hear its working =)