Vm204 error 401

I have na vm204 on pc it works good but in android 4.2 show error 401 Authorization required.
The pssword and username it is entered correctly buc i can´t opem just show error 401.
I try on other android 4.3 and vm204 works good.
Whow can i do to operate vm204 out of home not the local network

Thanks for help.

Hi for external access you’ll need your external IP or use a DNS service for easier access.

In addition to VEL337 answer you will also need to know how to configure and forward ports on your router

Thanks for help now i can connect to VM 204 remotely but i can’t access whith my Android 4.2.2 error 401 show when i try to access to VM 204 .My smartphone its Wiko darkmoon. Just try with Android 4.3 and more and works.
Onde more time thanks for help.

Hi

Could you post a screenshot of the error?

Thanks!

VEL337

Hi again vel337, the text shows," error 401 authorization required
The username and password it is corret but show s this error.
How can i put a foto in post?

As mentioned in my own recent post on the 401 error message, this problem occurred with three android 4.2.2 phones, one Samsung Galaxy S4 and two Alcatel phones

I now tried with a Samsung express SM-G3815,which has android 4.4.2 on local access. Still the same error 401 message authorization required. I can access the card on my iphone using that VM204 app.

The original poster in this thread stated that android 4.3 worked but not 4.2.2. Unfortunately, it seems that the app does not work with android 4.4.2 either.

The HTML status message error 401 appears because the card did not receive the login info. If the password is wrong, it is not 401 but 403. Thus, the app does not work correctly with some android 4 versions.

I live in Brussels and can lend six android smartphones to Velleman to test the app with. I would like to know which android versions that the app functions has been found to work with.