VM201 no connection

Hello,

During some time, my VM201 worked fine!
But now, again, problems!

I am living in Belgium and my provider is Telenet.
I upgraded my VM201 with the latest firmware: build1342.

“My telenet” tells me that:
The IP address of the Telenet modem is 81.165.ab.cde
VM201 (with his Mac-address) is directly connected with the Telenet router via “Netwerkkabel RJ45”

Telenet settings for “IPv4 Firewall and Port forwarding” are:
“blokkeer gefragmenteerde IP paketten” : not active
“Firewall” : active
“UPnPactief” : active

“local IP adress” :192.168.0.102
start port : 9760
end port : 9760
protocol :“beide” (TCP & UDP)

If my computer is connected via Belkin, the connection works fine.(local IP address)
If My android is connected via my local WiFi (Belkin), the connection works fine. (local IP address)

When I connect either the Android via “Telenet Homespot” on internet, to mimic that I am outside my home, I cannot control VM201!
I adapt my “settings” in the VM201 app to the IP address of the telenet modem (81.165.ab.cde).

But the response is: “Velleman VM201; Could not connect - timeout”

What is preventing the external connection with my VM201 ?

My problem is that a month ago, when I was in Spain, everything worked fine but at a moment, without changing anything, it didn’t work.
So I waited to be home in Belgium.
Now, I investigated all connections and settings according to your instruction leaflet. No (good) result

Thanks for your answer!
Th Coppens

[quote]The IP address of the Telenet modem is 81.165.ab.cde[/quote]This IP address looks very fishy to me.

1. IPv4 addresses can not contain any letters
  2. The fact that it’s “abcde”…

When at home, visit whatismyipaddress.com/ from inside your own network. The IP address displayed on the web page is the IP address of your Telenet router.

All local addresses and configurations look ok

Port 9760 is only for the app, not a web browser

The fishy mystery is that I replaced the numbers by letters.
I asked whatismyIpaddress and (evidently) it is the same that I see in “mijn telenet”, and the same I used in the settings of the app in my Android.

The setting of the android are: ip:81.165.13.133 port 9460, no login, no password.

I will change login and password after our conversation here as this is public!

Thanks,
Th

Ok, mystery solved, and we now know the IP is what it should be

end port : 9760[/quote]