VM201 control power switch on a pc

Hi,
I want to use VM201 in order to power up my server connecting to motherboard power switch (jumper).

1. Is it safe to connect VM201 output to pc power switch?
  2. Is the “pulse” the correct option, in order to power up server with the option “timer”.
  3. Do i need something extra between them, in order to protected pc from overcharge?
  4. Which is the suitable power supply for this task?

Thanks

Sorry, some of your questions are not clear to us.

Anyway:

You need a 12VAC power supply to power the VM201. A 12VDC power supply is not suited.
The power supply needs to be able to supply at least 500mA.

You can switch the AC power with the VM201, but make sure all wiring is done according to good engineering practice.
If you have a doubt, consult a professional. Make sure to use a suitable enclosure, e.g. part # B8006
If you use the ‘pulse’-option, the output will stay on for a pre-set time. When this time elapses, the output will turn off.

Hello,

I have uploaded an image with the setup i want to do for power up the pc on a scheduled program from vm201.

I want to ask if the motherboard will be safe from logic high or logic low or would i need a mofset shield to protect it?

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6BSdDnvLtynM0tNSExQODMxbzQ/view?usp=sharing

Thank you in advanced.

Since the relay contacts of the VM201 are totally insulated from the rest of the circuit, we see no reason why this should not work.