VM147 Debounce

I recently purchased several VM147 counters. The instructions say that you can program the debounce on them, but I don’t have the option on any of the units I’ve installed. I am counting the rotations of separate stepper motors and at low speeds it is double and sometimes triple counting.

If I hit the menu button I can scroll through the other options as listed in the instructions, only the “DBC” option is missing (ie I can set presets, I can set the pulse, and I can set the reset behavior, but after reset it goes back to preset!

Am I missing something here - I really need this feature to make these counters work with my project!

This is very strange and has never been reported before.
Current firmware version is R2.0
Can you please check yours? (hold right hand side button and turn on power).

I checked one of them and it is running 1.0. Is there a remote way to upgrade the firmware? Does 1.0 have that option? The packaging states that it does.

youtube.com/watch?v=mDE-kcJUGZo

Here is a quick video of what happens when I hit the “menu” button.

Version 2.0 dates from 2009, so you must have a very early unit.
If you provide an address, we’ll supply a spare PIC with version 2.0.
Please mail your address to support at velleman dot be

Email sent, thank you!

[quote=“VEL417”]Version 2.0 dates from 2009, so you must have a very early unit.
Please mail your address to support at velleman dot be[/quote]

I read recently of a problem I am having exactly the same as someone else concerning VM147 that he posted in Jan 2015
I also do not have any debounce function. I ran the test you describe and my unit shows r1.0
I purchased the sealed unit from the internet and it must have been old stock.
Could you also supply me with a replacement PIC

2015 posting: Version 2.0 dates from 2009, so you must have a very early unit.
Please mail your address to support at velleman dot be

I tried sending my address details to the indicated email address but got this response: The group support only accepts messages from people in its organization or on its allowed senders list, and your email address isn’t on the list.