VM140 / windows 10 compatibility problem

Hello,
I recently updated my computer to windows 10 and my card VM140 stopped working.
I can’t reinstall it.
Are the driver compatible?
Best

To install the driver you have to disable the driver signature enforcement.
Please use the latest driver “K8061 driver update v4.0.0.0” available here: velleman.eu/support/download … 8061&type=

Here you’ll find the instructions how to disable driver signature enforcement in Windows 10:
http://www.howtogeek.com/167723/how-to-disable-driver-signature-verification-on-64-bit-windows-8.1-so-that-you-can-install-unsigned-drivers/

Thank you

Sucessfully installed the usb Driver and the device Manager recognizes the Card installed the download package k8061_driver_v4_x64_update for Windows 64bit OS the Demo works perfect Driver Version 1.0.0.2 has been installed
now wanted to use C# Software from the package k8061_Softwarepack_2011 also put the Driver K8061.dll in the bin/debug Folder of the Program
but Programm K8061DemoVC#_2008 when started says Card not found
how can the Card be running with Software
Greetings have a nice day

The C# software in the package k8061_Softwarepack_2011 is 32-bit software example.
There is no need to use the 64-bit DLL v4.0.0.1 (from package k8061_driver_v4_x64) if you do not especially want to make 64-bit software.
To get the 32-bit example C# software working:

• Download the package “K8061 driver update v4.0.0.0” from velleman.eu/support/download … 8061&type=
  • Extract the package and copy the K8061.DLL v4.0.0.0 to the folder …\K8061Demo\bin\x86\Debug
  • Alternatively copy the DLL to folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64

Thanks a lot that works perfect now
Greetings have a nice day

[quote=“VEL255”]The C# software in the package k8061_Softwarepack_2011 is 32-bit software example.
There is no need to use the 64-bit DLL v4.0.0.1 (from package k8061_driver_v4_x64) if you do not especially want to make 64-bit software.
To get the 32-bit example C# software working:

• Download the package “K8061 driver update v4.0.0.0” from velleman.eu/support/download … 8061&type=
  • Extract the package and copy the K8061.DLL v4.0.0.0 to the folder …\K8061Demo\bin\x86\Debug
  • Alternatively copy the DLL to folder C:\Windows\SysWOW64[/quote]
    I’m making a 32-bit application vith vb.net. On a W10 64 bit x64 processor.
    I had some trouble understanding which driver and dll to use. But found the right combination v1.0.0.2 driver and K8061.dll v4.0.0.0. This works fine.

To install driver 1.0.0.2 I had to disable Signed Driver Enforcement, according to your instructions.
So the K8061 is working on my own computer now. But I’m also selling my software to other customers.
And telling them that they must do this disabling to install my software won’t be popular.

If I understand the previous discussion, the only way to get rid of this problem with signed drivers is to make my application a 64-bit ?
Or can you think of another solution ?
In my software I’m also using some other 3’rd party 32-bit code, which I must upgrade in that case.

[quote]And telling them that they must do this disabling to install my software won’t be popular.

If I understand the previous discussion, the only way to get rid of this problem with signed drivers is to make my application a 64-bit ?[/quote]I’m sorry to say, but making your application a 64-bit does not remove the need to disable the driver signature enforcement.

[quote=“VEL255”][quote]And telling them that they must do this disabling to install my software won’t be popular.
If I understand the previous discussion, the only way to get rid of this problem with signed drivers is to make my application a 64-bit ?[/quote]I’m sorry to say, but making your application a 64-bit does not remove the need to disable the driver signature enforcement.[/quote]
OK,
Thank’s anyway for the answer.

A related question.
My own application is working now. With v1.0.0.2 driver and K8061.dll v4.0.0.0
But now there are problems with the examples in K8061_softwarepack_2011. Example “K8061Demo_VB2008”.
“Card not found”. Can this be caused by the change of driver to v1.0.0.2 ?

And another question.
Older examples of the K8061-software had a sub “ReadVersion” that gave the firmwareversion of IC3 and IC6.
I tried to add this declaration in my software, but got some error about protected memory when calling the sub.
Is this caused by “securitythings” in newer operatingsystems ?

[quote]But now there are problems with the examples in K8061_softwarepack_2011. Example “K8061Demo_VB2008”.
“Card not found”. Can this be caused by the change of driver to v1.0.0.2 ?[/quote]Yes, it is.
You have to use the new DLL version 4.0.0.0 with the K8061Demo_VB2008.
Easiest way to fix the problem is to copy the new DLL to the folder Windows\SysWOW64.

[quote]Older examples of the K8061-software had a sub “ReadVersion” that gave the firmwareversion of IC3 and IC6.
I tried to add this declaration in my software, but got some error about protected memory when calling the sub.
Is this caused by “securitythings” in newer operatingsystems [/quote]There should be no restrictions to use the sub “ReadVersion”.
Here an example:
Declaration:Private Declare Sub ReadVersion Lib "k8061.dll" (ByVal CardAddress As Integer, ByRef Buffer As Integer)
Code: Private Sub Button8_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button8.Click Dim VersionInfo(0 To 50) As Integer Dim c As Char Dim s As String Dim i As Integer s = "" ReadVersion(CardAddress, VersionInfo(0)) For i = 0 To 49 c = Convert.ToChar(VersionInfo(i)) s = s + c Next i Label19.Text = s End Sub

[quote=“VEL255”]You have to use the new DLL version 4.0.0.0 with the K8061Demo_VB2008.
Easiest way to fix the problem is to copy the new DLL to the folder Windows\SysWOW64.

[quote]Older examples of the K8061-software had a sub “ReadVersion” that gave the firmwareversion of IC3 and IC6.
Is this caused by “securitythings” in newer operatingsystems [/quote]There should be no restrictions to use the sub “ReadVersion”.
Here an example:
Declaration:Private Declare Sub ReadVersion Lib "k8061.dll" (ByVal CardAddress As Integer, ByRef Buffer As Integer)
Code:[code] Private Sub Button8_Click(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles Button8.Click
Dim VersionInfo(0 To 50) As Integer
Dim c As Char
Dim s As String
Dim i As Integer

s = ""
    ReadVersion(CardAddress, VersionInfo(0))
    For i = 0 To 49
        c = Convert.ToChar(VersionInfo(i))
        s = s + c
    Next i
    Label19.Text = s
End Sub[/code][/quote]

Yes, replacing K8061.dll in syswow64 with v4.0.0.0 made the programsamples working again.

Regarding the sub “Readversion” the problem was that I used an old manual where cardaddress and Buffer was declared as Long Integer.
In your example they are declared as integer. That works.
For some reason long-declaration gives an errormessage in VB.net. Attempt to write to protected memory.

It works now. But there is one thing. The String VersionInfo starts with a character asciivalue 0.
The code Label19.Text = s makes the label go blank. No text.
To get it to work I had to remove the first character.
Label19.Text = mid(s,2)

[quote]Regarding the sub “Readversion” the problem was that I used an old manual where cardaddress and Buffer was declared as Long Integer.
In your example they are declared as integer. That works.[/quote]Yes, in the manual the example code is written for the “original” Visual Basic (version 6.0). There the declaration ‘As Long’ is 32 bit integer.
In VB.NET and newer versions of Visual Basic the ‘As Long’ is 64 bit integer.

[quote]It works now. But there is one thing. The String VersionInfo starts with a character asciivalue 0.
The code Label19.Text = s makes the label go blank. No text.
To get it to work I had to remove the first character.
Label19.Text = mid(s,2)[/quote]Strange problem, but good to see you got it working anyhow.