Vm136 / mk111

I am trying to use this item as a swith to a micro 5v fan.
I cannot get it to work.
The digrams are not complete in explaining what goes where or how things are powered.
I understand where the power goes in, but i do not understand what the NO COM NC connections are for.
Do i need to power the fan by another power supply, how do I get the switching to work ??
Help please.

Mick

I think you have the wrong forum subpage, however

In relay terms :-

Comm = the common connection to the relay outputs

NC = ‘Normally Closed’, the relay contact that is connected to Comm when the relay is relaxed.

NO = ‘Normally Open’, the relay contact that is connected to Comm when the relay is energised.

In most situations, power would be connected to COMM and the load connected to NO.

When the relay is energised, the power is corrected to the load.

Normally the relay coil would have a separate supply, purely as isolation.

Do i need to power the fan by another power supply, how do I get the switching to work ??

Please excuse me, I’ve never used a VM136.

velleman.eu/products/view/?c … &id=366732

You say you have a 5V fan, but the specs for the VM136 states a 12v supply.

So, I assume you could use a DC to DC voltage dropper from 12V to 5V.

Other than that, I’d really recommend posting in the kit forum for more accurate advice.

[quote=“MDAR”]Please excuse me, I’ve never used a VM136.

velleman.eu/products/view/?c … &id=366732

You say you have a 5V fan, but the specs for the VM136 states a 12v supply.

So, I assume you could use a DC to DC voltage dropper from 12V to 5V.

Other than that, I’d really recommend posting in the kit forum for more accurate advice.[/quote]
Is this NOT the Kit forum page then?
Seams everywhere I try to post my question I am told “not this one”

[quote=“mickwell”]I am trying to use this item as a swith to a micro 5v fan.
I cannot get it to work.
The digrams are not complete in explaining what goes where or how things are powered.
I understand where the power goes in, but i do not understand what the NO COM NC connections are for.
Help please.

Mick[/quote]
I have 12v going in.
The fan is only 5v.
DO I NEED TO POWER THE FAN BY ANOTHER SOURSE?

If so what goes where.
The manufactures diagram shows that a Light Bulb has it`s own power.
Is this correct, then why my fan not work? I have put my own power to the fan as the diagrams shows. nothing.

The 12 volts is to power the the MK111 / VM136.
They use dry contacts (relay).
If the fan is 5 volts you will need a different power supply.
Try this with a battery or power supply.
Connect the red wire of your fan to the positive of the power supply or battery.
Take the negative wire of the power supply or battery and connect it to COM of the MK111 / VM136 now take the black wire of the fan and connect it to NO (Normally Open) of the VM136/MK111 when the timing cycle starts the fan should turn on and off.