VM118 project feedback

Good day!

I am planning to buy a VM118 remote relay set (K8056 8 relays with RX433 RF receiver and hand held K8085 RF remote control) ánd the VM127/K8074 USB-RF transmitter. But I see a few problems arise from the possibility that the relays are switched by the hand-held transmitter without knowledge of the computer based program.

As the K8056 relay board has no transmitter possibilities, one need to build one’s own device or a general receiver (for different 433 MHz signals) for the PC to pick up the handheld sender signals.

I have seen that the VM127/K8074 has a possibility to build in a RX433 receiver module.

Here my questions:

• Is Velleman planning to use a receiver part in the VM127 USB interface?
  • Does the K8085 and K8074 use the same codes for steering as used with the RS-232 connection?
  • Does the K8085 address only one relay card (switchable between cards? dip switch controlled?)
  • If I want to build my own TX433/RX433 system triggered by any change commands to the k8056 board and/or change in outputs to the relays, can I use a different code (e.g. “R” for request_status) to send back the real status of the outputs?

By rereading my last question, I see that it isn’t clear what was meant:

I want to send a different command than the existing ones through the K8074 USB-RF transmitter. This signal should be picked up via the RX433 RF receiver on the relay board ánd by a new PIC/TX433 combination which then sends the real status of the relay steering (after the driver transistors, e.g. from the input points) back to a receiver at the PC (on board of the USB-RF VM127 or a new built one on a RS232C port).

• Can this different code be transmitted by the VM127 without problems
  • Will this not cause problems with the program in the relay card receiver PIC
  • Can the RX signal of the relay card (e.g. picked up from JP2) be used for a second PIC without problems

I have read the K8085 manual now, and my third question was answered, the handheld controller can handle 8 different relay cards…

Can you please repost your questions in a brief manner, as you got us confused here.
Furthermore, please mention correct kit or module references.
Thanks.

OK, here we go:

• Is Velleman planning to use a receiver part in the VM127 USB interface? A place for a receiver module seems to be reserved in the print…
  • Does the VM127 and K8074 (RF handheld transmitter from the VM118 ready to use module) use the same codes for steering as used with the RS-232 connection, as can be read in the K8056 manual?
  • Does the VM127 USB interface accept (and send) an extra command (like “R”, for Request_Status), not in the list of regular commands (to be used as trigger for a send-back status report of the 8-relay part K8056 of the VM118 module)?
  • Doesn’t that interfere with the receiver PIC program in the K8056 (as an unknown command code is received)?
  • Can the RX signal of the K8056 relay card (e.g. picked up from jumper JP2) be used for a second PIC (needed for a response of the real status of the K8056) without problems?

Thanks!

Forgot to add: the VM127 USB RF interface is currently not (yet) available, but is available in kit form as K8074…

1. RX to USB receiver is planned in the future (no release date set at this time)
  2. Yes
  3. No
  4. Not applicable (see above)
  5. Yes

[quote=“VEL417”]1) RX to USB receiver is planned in the future (no release date set at this time)
2) Yes
3) No
4) Not applicable (see above)
5) Yes[/quote]

Thanks!

Ferdinand