VM116 and MagicQ Software Crash

I recently bought a VM116 as a backup to my lighting desk. I downloaded the ChamSys MagicQ software when I read they supported the Velleman interface. I’ve installed MagicQ and I have enabled the first universe. I then try to set the output interface to Velleman which is one of it’s options. When I do, the software crashes. As one who has worked in Software Quality Control for 12 years, I know this is a ChamSys issue. No matter the problem, the software should not crash. I’ve submitted the question to ChamSys, but I was hoping to see if anyone has encountered this issue before and overcome it. ChamSys may have an answer for me but if there is another way to fix this I would love to know.

I’ve tried this on two systems. One is a Windows 7 64 Bit laptop. The other is a Windows XP 32 Bit laptop. I get the same results on both machines. Does anyone know of a driver or possibly a firmware upgrade which may work around this issue? Has anyone used MagicQ with the Velleman successfully? Has anyone seen this issue before?

I would appreciate any help anyone might be able to provide. Thank you!

If possible: try to lend an Enttec interface (normal or pro). If the software crashes with these too, you have another problem then the Chamsys software.

Update. MagicQ 1.5.9.9 Beta solves the crashing issue. The only problem now is that I cannot get MagicQ to connect to the Velleman. I know the unit works. DMX Light Player will send a DMX signal to the unit with no problem. If I shut down Light Player and start MagicQ, I cannot get MagicQ to send a DMX signal no matter what settings I use in MagicQ. Anyone have any ideas?