VM 8095 Button Programmer Bug

Hello,

when i connect my vm 8095 to my pc using the vm8095programmer and select to play preset A the player always plays the file from folder B. The LCD Display also shows B.
This happens for various buttons:

A -> B
B -> B
C -> C
D -> D
E -> C
F -> F
G -> G

is there any way to fix this?
I already tried to change and update the buttons and change it back to the right preset but this won’t fix the problem.

I bought 6 vm 8095 and this bug occurs on 2 of the 6 players.

Regards

It seems the buttons are reassigned to play files in these folders.
Please see manual p.11: “Procedure to re-assign a preset push button”.

For example, when the audio file in folder A was ended or the Pause button was pressed, then if any of the buttons B-G is pressed long, the folder A will be assigned to this button.

You can reset the unit to its original factory settings:

1. Disconnect the power adaptor.
  2. Press the Play button and keep it pressed when the power is connected again on.
  3. Now you should see on the LCD text “FACTORY DEFAULT”.
  4. Then release the play button.

Thank you very much! I was able to reassign the correct button. Is there any way to disable or lock the reassign function?

I’m sorry, there is no way to disable the function.
At the moment the only way to prevent button reassignment is short press of preset buttons…

Hi !
I’m trying to use the device in a public environment but people, especially kids, are ALWAYS pushing the buttons a long time. So presets go wrong … and my only option is to come in and operate,
It makes the device not so autonomous for such an usage.

As it exists a firmware procedure, is it possible you Vellemann change the way it behaves ?
If it’s perhaps too much to add a “lock” fonctionality, perhaps you could easily set the delay of press to something like 8 or even 10s instead of 3s. Setup of folders / button presets is not something that is used everyday and this little difference could help a lot.
I think there’s not so much devices on the market that can help to build public interactive audio station and I would buy it regulary in the case it really fits. But this little detail just makes it unadapted …

A modified firmware for the VM8095 is now available.
In this version the preset function is disabled.
If you like, you can update the firmware to this modified version.

Here are the steps to proceed:

1. Download the Software Development Kit vm8095_sdk1211.zip from: Downloads – Support – Velleman – Wholesaler and developer of electronics
  2. Extract the zip file.
  3. Download the updated HEX file (VM8095_Rev1_18_45.hex) from: Box
  4. Connect the power supply to VM8095.
  5. Connect USB cable between PC and VM8095.
  6. Browse to folder \vm8095_sdk1211\VM8095_SDK\PC\VM8095Programmer
  7. Run the program VM8095Programmer.exe in the folder.
  8. Click ‘Connect’ button.
  9. Then click ‘Reset’ button.
  10. Click ‘Load HEX file’ button.
  11. Locate the HEX file you downloaded and click ‘Open’.
  12. Click ‘Program the Device’ button.
    The VM8095 LCD display shows:
    ERASING…
    PROGRAMMING…
    VERIFYING…
    COMPLETE
  13. Disconnect the USB cable.
  14. Disconnect and reconnect the power supply.

Well done :+1: and thanks !
For those that will try to have it working, I had to make a factory default just after the firmware upgrade. Without it, preset buttons were not responding anymore.
Now, whether it’s from a short or a long press, buttons only trigger the files in default associated folders A,B,C,D,E,F,G. It seems that it isn’t possible anymore to re-assign buttons to other folders but that’s enough and perfect for me.

Glad to see the update works for you.

Thank you for this info:

To reset the unit to its original factory settings:

1. Disconnect the power adaptor.
  2. Press the Play button and keep it pressed when the power is connected again on.
  3. Now you should see on the LCD text “FACTORY DEFAULT”.
  4. Then release the play button.

Hi,
Thanks for the modified firmware, i stil have problem with triggering,
can we control what happends when we push the 2nd button while the 1st button is pushed?
I also find difficulties when buttons are pressed fast,. for example: long push button 1, and fast after button 1 i push button 2, it plays 1st file?

Greetings
Wietse

Thank you for the feedback.

This feature is not included into the current firmware.

The button actions are processed on button release.
Indeed, have to allow a pause of about one second before the next button press.
This is needed for the microcontroller and the MP3 decoder to process the previous command.

Hi,
I’m trying to use the device in a public environment where the input is triggered by a proximity switch. After this trigger I would like to start a timer that inhibits the triggering for about 15 seconds. Is it possible to reprogram the VM8095?
I have seen an example earlier on the Internet in an application used in a model railway, but I can’t find it any more.

Greetings,

Ger
[/quote]