VM 8090 Velleman 8 Channel USB Relay Card - advice needed

Hi,

I am building an observatory which has a PC i remote into to control the telescope/roof open & close. i need to be able to do the following.

1. Control 4 x 12v dc motors rated about 8-12amp each
  2. I would like to be able to control these via PC through a SW interface (on/off)
  3. I would like to be to manually control these motors through my own toggle switches for each motor (on/off/on) without the PC on (in case it ever broke while using, i need a manually way to run these motors)
  4. I would like the ability to use a remote fob/controller to control the motors
  5. i would like a few more ports/relays on the board so i can control more equipment (minimum 8 ports in total)

My initial thoughts were to start with this.

VM 8090 Velleman 8 Channel USB Relay Card

But i would like to use large rocker switches (make myself a separate front control panel) instead of using those little toggle buttons on the picture, is this possible?.

Can i operate this board manually with my rocker switches without a pc running (i will power it with a battery/power supply)?

Can i add remote fob/controller ability to open close the relays?.

Many thanks,

Paddy

If your PC is equipped with a serial port, you could use the K8056.
It can be controlled both from the PC or from a remote control (using the optional RX433 module).
It also has on-board pushbuttons.
Due to the high currents, we do recommend to drive the motors with external power relays, which in turn are controlled from the K8056 relays.

http://www.velleman.eu/products/view/?id=351282