Vertex Delta K8800 - Marlin Firmware 2.0.7

The only error is compiling error. No more details

This firmware is only i hou have heated bed and bltouch . Standard

This firmware is only i hou have heated bed and bltouch.

Read the source, Luke, before spreading nonsense.
In Configuration.h:

// set to true to use settings from Velleman K8800 Marlin 1.1.4
#define VELLEMAN_K8800_STOCK false

And, because we are about READINGā€¦
The Marlin Webpage shows in big letters that 2.x will not compile with Arduino IDE and you MUST use platformio to build the firmware.

3 Likes

Hey @SusisStrolch, I did not see your topicā€¦ I modded Ug8lib-HAL to comply to the Vellemanā€™s K8800 screenā€¦

Use it if you want to go back to stock screen: Marlin 2.0.7.2 with screen fix - Vertex Delta - Whadda forum - Community Help and Support

Let me know, so I can delete my topic

Hi @Psycho, thanks, but I wonā€™t support Marlin any more.
Together with @11to3 weā€˜re going the Klipper path, which looks already pretty promising.

Hi @Psycho,

Thanks for your upgrade fix for original stock display in Marlin 2.0.7
It works great. well done :+1:

But iā€™ve have one question. I see that the ā€œDelta calibrationā€ menu has disappeared.
or not the same as in Firmware 1.1.4.

But when perform a delta calibrate with Marlin 2.0.7 i have Probing Error. the printhead does not touch the bed while probing (it stops few cm above bed and display shows: Probing Error).

And that was not with 1.1.4. Vertex Delta works fine on 1.1.4.

But i want to use the latest Firmware 2.0.7. So I can use more functions implemented in the latest Marlin firmware such as: Status leds (Neopixel leds), Print last SD file, scroll long file names and so on. There were also some bed leveling bug fixes.

Iā€™ve tried also the 1.1.9 firmware. But same probing error as in 2.0.7.

What do i wrong, or is this a fault?

Thanks in advance.
Best rergards,

Onlydreamer

@Onlydreamer usually itā€™s a M851 issue, you have an offset in there and the probing fails because it starts too high and stops after 10mm

Also, the delta calibration is still there, once you have homed though. Then itā€™s in the control sub menu

1 Like

Have managed to merge changes into @SusisStrolch version to 2.0.8.1 - although I had to drop the baudrate to 250000 to get reliability (fix pending I think):

https://github.com/EduMake/Marlin/tree/K8800-2.0.x

Apologies, it has no tags or release labels, but is 2.0.8.1.

What are the issues with the display? I have not noticed any myself, but I build using platformio and its version of the Ug8lib-HAL. Plus I drive pretty much 100% through Octoprint.

hello, I see receiving a motherboard for vertex 8800 but I do not know how to install marlin and the rest. Can you remind me. .Cordially

So finally i got the 2.0.7 working got my bed leveled, 3 screws with 3 springs under the XYZ and a nice print

Now see what the rest of the print do.
Thanks all for this version.
Kind regards,
Tom

TomE, still working perfect your k8800?
Could you send picture of your bedplate with the springs.

Hi @EV2001
I shall make an update from all my changes with photos and post it here for the Vertex Delta Lovers.

Regards,
Tom

1 Like