The display is readable now, and the calibration is working (a lot slower that the stock fw, but that’s not because of you, I guess the standard Marlin probing is like that).
Then before I was going to test print something, I did an “unload filament” wanting to change to a new filament I got, and that was a mistake…
According to the display the hotend was heated up to 190C before the extruder started to move. Then the motor began to stall, jerk and almost chop the filament, without being able to rectract it, almost as if the hotend was too cool.
Now this may be a coincidence, and something broke in the printer, I don’t know yet. But everything was fine yesterday, I printed a Benchy with your last commit (plus my changes to make it compile).
Now I’m stuck with a piece of filament in the extruder opening, so I can’t test no more.
No worries though; I was gonna take the printer apart anyways, doing the linear ball bearing mod by @Dr_Vegetable . Guess I have to disassemble the extruder too…
Will revert to stock Welleman firmware for now, until someone else tries out your firmware on a stock K8800.
Edit: The encoder is still sluggish, and it’s reverted compared to the stock firmware.