Vertex Delta - go silent/standby after printing

Hi,

I am having trouble getting the machine to go into “standby” after finishing a print. It retracts the printhead and move it up top, then it sits with something still spinning until I shut it down using the power button. Ideally I would like it to go silent after printing, something I assumed the commands M107 and M84 would do.

I’m using Cura 3.6.0, and I have not modified the default g-code at all, so any tips are appreciated.

The end-of-print g-code:

; Vertex Delta end code
M107 ; Turn off fan
G91 ; Relative positioning
T0
G1 E-1 F1500; Reduce filament pressure
M104 T0 S0
G90 ; Absolute positioning
G92 E0 ; Reset extruder position
M300 S4000 P500
M300 S3000 P500
M300 S2000 P800
G28
M84 ; Turn steppers off

Yes M84 is a good idea to stop the whining of the steppers immediately. The main board fan (I replaced mine with a quieter noctua) will stop also after a few seconds. The hot-end-cooling fan however never turns off. The latter is directly connected to 15V of the Vertex Delta.

Yeah, the slightly bigger fan attached to the yellow part of the print head is the one that keep spinning constantly.

So there is nothing to do about that one?

At least not so easy. Soldering, wiring, some small mosfet and firmware change may be required.

Yeah I suppose you could that way, though I think I will just live with it for now. If I’m going to modify it my first priority would be to add a heated bed.

I’ll go with the slightly more analogue solution of just closing the door to the printer room for now :slight_smile:

Thanks for the help!