Velleman VM8095 LCD 16 x 2 Display + Maximum SD card size

Hi I have received the Velleman VM8095 Mp3 player and it works brilliantly, great sound quality. Just 2 questions:

1. If I replaced the 16 x 2 LCD display with say a 20 x 2 LCD display (or bigger, and I know it needs to have Hitachi driver), would it display more than the first 6 characters of a folder name when searching?

2. What is the maximum size SD card this Mp3 player will take?

[quote]1. If I replaced the 16 x 2 LCD display with say a 20 x 2 LCD display (or bigger, and I know it needs to have Hitachi driver), would it display more than the first 6 characters of a folder name when searching?[/quote]I’m sorry, there is no benefit to use bigger display. The firmware is made for 16 x 2 LCD display. The folder names are always displayed in such a short form.

[quote]2. What is the maximum size SD card this Mp3 player will take?[/quote]Tested with 32GB card OK.

It’s a shame the folder only shows the first 6 charactors of the folder name.

OK just so your customers know, I managed to format a 128GB SDHC with Fat 32 (formated to 122GB), and the MP3 player managed to read it no problem!

I downloaded something called fat32format and then used the ‘cmd’ line option shown here online-tech-tips.com/compute … to-fat-32/ - to format the card.