Velleman MK194N FM radio kit

hi I have velleman MK194N FM radio kit and it is not working l do not have any solder bridges and believe it is all correct but when l turn it on l just get a slight sound as though it is trying to working but not even the LED is lighting up if l have put the LED in wrong would this stop it from working l would like to point out l am new to this although l have made the odd items back in the 70 when l was a ham radio operator

would love to hear your thoughts
regards
allan

Hi Allan,

Try posting a few good pictures of the front & back of your pcb.
That way, we are able to help you better.

Kind regards,
VEL342

It’s no problem to remove the led.
As you can see in the schematic

thanks for getting back to me if l put the array resistor in the wrong would that have blown it

regards
allan

the push button are they all the same or are they different

regards
allan

Where did you bought this kit?
Please contact them for repair they will ship it to us for repair/inspection.

Best Regards,
VEL337

elenco.com i was told to contact them it seams l am been moved from of place to another all l want is the RA1 10k resistor l feel l am been let down between your copy and the Elenco where l bought it from if l had known it would cause this many problems l would never have bought it

if you can send me this resistor for the FM Radio kit that should sort it out

regards
allan

Hi @Allan6, we cannot be sure the resistor alone would fix your problem, that’s why we ask you to contact your seller to organise a return so we can examine your build kit. We really want to make sure we understand what is wrong with your kit.

We understand it’s a lot of work from your side, but it’s the only way we can guaranty the quality of our kits. I hope you understand.
Kind regards,

VEL342