VELLEMAN HPS140I for auto technician?

I am interested in knowing if this oscilloscope would be adequate for an automotive technician. Would it be suitable for wheel speed sensor diagnosis, speed sensors, knock sensors, crank and camshaft sensors? Verifying that can communication exists.
Would it show missing or damaged or dirty speed sensor reluctor teeth.
We have a pico scope at work, but I was considering one that would be easily accessible and portable.

Sorry, we are not familiar with those signals.
In what voltage and frequency range are they?
This info will allow us to determine it the item is suited.

[quote=“williamlhaighjr”]I am interested in knowing if this oscilloscope would be adequate for an automotive technician. Would it be suitable for wheel speed sensor diagnosis, speed sensors, knock sensors, crank and camshaft sensors? Verifying that can communication exists.
Would it show missing or damaged or dirty speed sensor reluctor teeth.
We have a pico scope at work, but I was considering one that would be easily accessible and portable.[/quote]

Hello from NJ. just an FYI for the auto buffs, Here are some older specs, from a ( PRI ) SST sensor simulator tester book, and your SCOPE settings needed to view the signals. ( knock signal ) is , at least when I worked in field was, lean 0v to about 1v
Now the GM MAF idle signal turbo and non turbo , your looking for a signal in the 30Hz range ( So set your scope up for 50Ms divisions @ 4v divisions.

FORD MAP sensor idle signal (set scope for 5Ms div @ 4v ) also some GM MAF sensor cruise signals , your looking for somewhere in the range of a 110Hz signal.

GM/HITACHI MAF sensor idle signal ( set scope for 20Ms div @ 40v ) your looking for about 2700Hz
Most often than not your just looking to see the signal there or not there. Hope this helps someone out, Not a bad learning curve to get used to these menu’s and how to use this neet little scope for its price. Gene from NJ

Thanks for your feedback!